Saturday, June 25, 2011

One hour challenge!


We are having a summer camp over at Personalscrapper this summer! This was our first week of camp and it is my week to be camp counselor! So being a good camp counselor I had to find way to entertain the campers and what better way then some fun campfire games? Last night we gathered around the campfire and had ourselves a fun one hour layout challenge. You basically get one hour to create a layout...now for me that is a challenge! You can gather your supplies ahead of time, but you must create your layout in the hour time frame. Well, I did it, but it was a tough struggle...and I hate to admit it, but as I was getting this layout ready to photograph, I decided to add a few more things...so I cheated by about 3 minutes...I had forgotten my journaling, which I quickly added and then I also added the cameo and quote up in the top right square..and now I am happy with my layout, so this one is the "almost" an hour layout lol! We are having another one hour challenge around the campfire tonight too...and I promise not to cheat tonight (lol!)! Ok, deets on my layout...all papers by Crate Paper (Potrait line)...embellies a mix of Crate Paper (cameo), KI memories (remember sticker), Queen and company (pearls and rhinestone), Pink Paislee (cork elements) and butterfly is unknown...I got it a long time ago in a kit and don't know who makes it. Letter stickers are from the Echo Park For The Record line. This layout was based on a sketch by Allison Davis from her blog called SKETCH SUPPORT. This picture was taken at the Arlington Great American Scrapbook Convention this June, where I was lucky enough to get to meet two of my online Personalscrapper friends IRL! Both Debbie and Kelly were a lot of fun to shop with and are as sweet as can be in person. I hope to get to crop with one or both of them someday soon! It is so fun to actually get to meet your online friends in the flesh! Ok, I'm off to prepare for tonights one hour challenge..wish me luck and I promise not to cheat this time *wink*!

2 comments:

  1. I love the way this turned out. I was so sad that I missed it and really wanted to sit by the camp fire. Lots of drama this weekend at home and no scrapbooking for me :( hoping to get some done this week in the evenings but we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been so crazy busy...and it is the middle of winter here. So wanted to take part in these challenges. I love this Crate line...beautiful and beautiful layout too.

    ReplyDelete