Saturday, March 8, 2014

My First Counterfeit Kit ~ Spring Smiles


I have been enamored of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog for quite some time but have never taken the time to play along, but this month I decided I had WAY to many papers from misc lines that needed to be paired up in a kit.  After all, what is a girl to do with just one or two lonesome papers from an ENTIRE scrapbook collection....well, I'm certainly NOT going to toss them so I needed to put them to use...and what better way then to make a kit out of these poor orphans!  This month they are counterfeiting this lovely February kit from Cocoa Daisy: 

Here is my counterfeit kit:
I have papers from Echo Park Happy Days, All About A Boy, Here & Now, Bundle of Joy, Sweet Girl, For the Record 2, My Mind's Eye Kate & Co, Cut and Paste and American Crafts Amy Tangerine Ready, Set, Go.  What a mix huh? Here are just the papers closer up: 
I got almost ALL of these papers at the Scrapbook Expo in Grapevine TX a few weeks back.  One booth had papers for 10 cents a sheet and I dug through with my scrappy buddy Kelly and picked out about 50 papers! Kind of funny they coordinated well enough to make a kit! I ended up adding in more papers then the Cocoa Daisy kit because I liked them all and couldn't cut any, so I figured why not make it a "deluxe kit"!   For embellishments I have : letter stickers (Thickers and Paper Trunk alphas); wooden buttons, resin flowers from Maya Road and from one of my fav shops: Skyline Paperie, wood veneers from Elle's Studio and Studio Calico,  flairs from A Flair for Buttons, cut outs from Elle's Studio, We R Memory Keepers and the Skyline Paperie shop, washi tape from MME, Stampin' Up, Bella Blvd and Recollections, and chipboard from MME.  I decided to name my kit Spring Smiles because when I see this kit I think of Spring! I am normally a earth tone kind of gal so this is a little different then my norm, but I am lovely this fun color palette! Now if I could just fall back and gain an extra hour tomorrow instead of losing an hour so that I could find time to squeeze in some crafty time to play with my new kit!  I hope you will find time to create your own Counterfeit Kit this month!  Stay tune...projects to follow!

 photo Lisa_zpsc69b3fc4.jpg

10 comments:

  1. Super cute kit Lisa and welcome to Counterfeit Kit your gonna have lots of fun with that kit this month :) What Julia said it does get addicting after the first kit I've done 5 months so far :) welcome aboard :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute kit you put together! What a great idea:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome! So glad you have decided to take the plunge and kit with us. You have assembled some happy papers to create with that will certainly bring "Spring Smiles".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring Smiles is a brilliant first counterfeit kit - WELCOME to the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome and what a first kit to start with! You did a fabulous job and really recreated the spirit of the inspiration kit with yours! Great job and doesn't it feel good to see how these patterns come together and will now be used up! Looking forward to seeing your shares!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on making the top 6 :) It is a wonderful kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on making the top six.. Great kit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on making the top six.. Great kit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome, welcome! So happy you finally joined in - fair warning, it is habit-forming! And congrats on Fab 6!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kit was so pretty. I'm glad you've joined in and congratulations on making top 6.

    ReplyDelete