Thursday, May 14, 2015

Twistback Thursday challenge!

It's my turn to host this month's Twistback Thursday challenge at Sketch N Scrap where we use one of our older sketches from a year or more ago and add a fun twist to it.  Here is the sketch from April 2014 by Kelly:
This month's TWIST is THE GREAT OUTDOORS, use photos taken outside for your layout!  Riding bikes, fishing, playing baseball, camping, swimming, any outdoor fun time will do!  We are getting into the swing of Spring & want to see those outdoor photos!
And here is my take on the sketch:
Supplies Used: Patterned Paper: Scenic Route, MME, Bo Bunny & Echo Park; chipboard: MME;
wood veneers: Studio Calico; enamel dots: MME; journal tag: Jillibean Soup, alphabet: Doodlebug
These pictures are of my littlest nephew learning to ride his big boy bike!  He can really fly on that thing!  This layout came together super quick thanks to my scrappy pal Kelly!  Of course, her wonderful sketch is the inspiration for the design but she also is the creator of the awesome kit that I used for this layout.  Kelly & I attended to Scrapbook Expo back in February of this year and we thought it would be fun to put together a kit using our stash for each other.  Basically we set parameters as to what the kit would include such as 5-6 patterned papers and at least one alpha etc just for general guidelines and got to creating from our stash!  We did give each other suggestions in what type of kit we would like- I picked summer colors/theme- and she did an awesome job putting it together for me, it was PERFECT and even better then one I could have bought!  Now don't get me wrong, all the lovely kits out there are wonderful and who wouldn't want to purchase a few, but with the amount of stash we both had we knew we wanted to focus on using it at the crop vs buying more stuff!  So this was a perfect inspiration and so fun.  I have put together kits for myself from my stash in the past and it really has helped me to use up some older things I had like a misc remaining embellishment or a piece of paper that was from a collection I had mostly used up and didn't have enough to make a full layout with anymore.  You can see some of my kits I have made HERE.  Having everything coordinate and right at your fingertips will definitely make your layouts come together quickly...and add a wonderful Sketch N Scrap sketch and you will have a layout done before you know it!  I hope you will find time to play along with us at Sketch N Scrap this month, besides this fun Twistback Thursday sketch we are celebrating our third birthday bash with a challenge a day, so make sure and join us and get all the details on the Sketch N Scrap blog!


1 comment:

  1. GORGEOUS!! Love your take on the throwback sketch and those fabulous colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete