Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Use your stash Tuesday to scrap some OLDIES but goodies!


It's use your stash Tuesday here at My Creative Endeavors, and this week I am using not only my old stash but some old photos as well! These photos of my brother range from 1978 to 1985. This layout was created for the family challenge at Personalscrapper for the Slice contest and uses sketch #12 from the 52 sketches/52 weeks site. The papers used are from Cosmo Crickets Dutch Girl line which is weird for a boy page, but the colors blended well,and the aged appearance fits well with photos from the 70's and 80's. I used a tag behind each photo to journal funny stories of my brother from when we were kids, like: getting stuck in the mud in the cowlot, locking my sister in her bedroom so she had to crawl out her window to get out, how he loves hunting, and how he would NEVER help with the chores! LOL! Fun times but times I might forget before too much longer, although I doubt I will ever forget him locking my sister in the bedroom! So I decided to document them, plus these photos are scanned and retouched off the originals, and they are better but still not good. They were very faded, scratched etc from being stored in an old box for years and then a magnetic album. This page was made with almost exclusively from the Personalscrapper May 2007 kit, so I used up some more of my older stash, but nonetheless, still LOVE anything Cosmo Cricket, don't you? This actually my first Cosmo Cricket paper to own, now I would say Mr. Campy is my fav line of theirs, but I haven't seen Snorkel in person yet, it looks great online. Hoping to see it at CKC, I'll let you know if I buy any of it (or all of it for that matter!)In fact, I will be leaving in just a few days, lots to do to get ready, hoping for nice weather there as well as energy to complete lots of pages!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa this is a good layout I really like it.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete