Thursday, April 30, 2009

15 challenges completed!





OK, here are two of the fifteen challenges I haven't shown you yet. I managed to get a total of 15 of the 50 challenges completed, meaning I got 3 tickets into the Slice drawing over at Personalscrapper! It would have been nice to complete all 50 but I am just too slow to manage that! But overall I was pleased as I had aimed for only 10, so I beat my goal by 5 layouts! The first layout is a double pager of my son and my brother riding four wheelers on our Fall break vacation last October in Nebraska. They had a great time. The paper is from Paper Loft and I LOVE it, very nice shades of blue, and the die cut embellishments are great, LOVE that compass one! The second page called "Staying Connected" was my hardest challenge. It was the technology challenge and I am NOT a high tech person, so I didn't have a lot of cool gadgets to feature, but I decided to do a layout about how my computer has allowed to experience a world I never would have dreamed possible 10 or more years ago. From buying stuff, to using MapQuest to find my way anywhere, to googling info on ANYTHING imaginable, to doing online crops, playing my fav games of Hearts and Spades with people from ALL over the world, to keeping in touch with old friends and family via email and my blog to surfing for scrapbooking inspiration I just couldn't live without my computer. I just can't imagine what cyberspace will be like in another 10 years even, kinda fun to think about! And for a funny story on this topic of technological advancements for those of us who remember when high tech was an 8 track tape deck or a Commodore 64, go to Julie's blog at http://www.cosmocricket.typepad.com
This is just SOOOO funny, you will get a kick out of it, plus if you leave a comment you will be eligible to win a free Early Bird scrapbooking kit!! So go check it out. Back to my layout...I used SEI Dill Blossom papers and Scenic Route and Making memories alphas on this simple layout. I have one more to show you but it has gotten dark out and I can't get a good pic so I will post it tomorrow!




1 comment:

  1. Those are very cute LO's Great job! I love your signature at the bottom too. How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete