Monday, February 27, 2012

Dream Come True


Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Did you get to scrap? I did, but haven't taken pics of all the layouts I did....had hoped to do it today,but it is cloudy and maybe going to rain all day, so not sure when I will get to it. Is it still winter in your neck of the woods? We are very springlike, had a super mild winter, and I doubt we will see any snow from here on out. I was inspired to make this layout based on a challenge over at My Scraps and More for their My Scraps Idol search. The challenge was to use a singer's name first and last and then use something on your layout that begins with each letter in their name. I used BRUNO MARS mainly because if you used the same artist that the challenge leader, Lisa M. used then you got an extra 10 points! The winner is based on whoever accumulates the most points by doing the most challenges, and most challenges had bonus points like this one did. Very fun challenges, but I was only able to play along for this one due to time constraints. So for my items for Bruno's name I used: B= buttons R= ribbon (flower was made from ribbon) U= upper crest punch (used to make journal box) N= number stickers O= one photo M= Maya Road envelope A= alphabet stickers R= rhinestones (one the circles on the envie) and S= Stella Rose papers (the My Mind's Eye Collection I used for this layout). There you have it. I found that I started with my basic layout and then went back and started adding in things for my letters I was missing, which made it a lot of fun! I didn't think I was going to be able to pull it off at first, couldn't think of anything for U then remembered my punch and the problem was solved! U is hard letter! You should definitely hop on over to My Scraps and More to check out all the fun layouts created for these challenges PLUS in March they are doing a month long Scraplifting crop...how fun does that sound! So be looking for some scraplifts here on the old blogo in the future! This layout that I created in my effort to use up some older kits (as inspired by my scrappy friend Amy) is of my niece meeting Snow White at Casa Manana on her first visit there. She was so in love with Snow White at the time that when it was her turn to talk to her, she just froze and stared! It was so cute, the line moved very fast, so I was plesed I got this pic, cuz you only got one chance to snap one! Story of my life on that, sometimes you get a good one, sometimes you don't, but hey, its all about scrappin' the memory anyway, right? Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment: