Friday, April 27, 2012

Summer Lovin'


Just wanted to share a fun layout I created in my Got Sketch 107 class.  This layout is inspired by a sketch from the class by Valerie Salmon.  The class is now over, but you can still purchase the download from the class and I will tell you it is worth every dollar!  Lots of tips, lots of techniques and of course, the sketches are AWESOME!  Just visit Valerie's blog and see for yourself, I really can't say enough about Valerie, she is gracious, kind, and of course, uber talented!  I also created this layout for week 16 of our 52 week challenges over at Personalscrapper.  The challenge was to mix papers from at least 2 different kits on your layout.  I used the July 2009 and July 2011 kits.  All papers are from Fancy Pants both the Summer Soiree line and the Beach Bum line, as featured in the July 2009 and July 2011 Personalscrapper kits.  I have just a few scraps left of the July 2009 kit, so I was glad to go ahead and combine them with my July 2011 kit and see that they will coordinate just fine.  The summer accent is from Jilliebean Soup's Watermelon Gazapacho line.  I couldn't find any letters that I liked for my title, plus I couldn't think of a fitting title and this cut out was a great fit for this picture.(Not to mention in doing so I save a bunch of time...titles are hard to think of sometimes!)  I hope you will join me again on Monday April 30th back here OR at Jewels blog as we launch our new sketch challenge Sketch 'n Scrap!  Hope you can play along!  Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment