Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!




Happy Mother's Day !  I hope you are enjoying your day with some scrappy time!  I wanted to share my Mother's Day gifts with you today.  The first is a card I made my Mom using the May 2010 Personalscrapper kit featuring My Mind's Eye Stella Rose papers.  For my stamped images I used the flower from the BECAUSE I CARE set by Stampin Up,  FRENCH SCRIPT background stamp by Stampin UP to add  bit of texture  and the sentiment from ALL HOLIDAYS.  I used River Rock ink by Stampin up.  I think most of these things are discontinued but I am not sure.  It seems Stampin Up discontinues things fairly quickly and there are always new and better stamps/inks, which is fun but hard on your wallet! lol!   The second Mother's Day gift is an actual gift that I made for my sister for my son to give to her.  He wanted to get her a gift card and I thought it would be nice to make a little gift card holder to go on the hand soap we picked out for her from Bath and Body Works.  I used the same image as for my card and then mounted it on Basic Black cardstock by Stampin Up, scored it and then punched a 1.25 inch hole for the hanger and then scored it again to help it hang more evenly.  I just made up this template myself by using my gift card and the soap bottle and a piece of scrap paper to get my template. I saved the template in case I want to make these again for another occasion.  Wouldn't they make cute party favors?   As you can see I folded up the end of my cardstock and adhered the two sides leaving the top open so I could insert my gift card.  Now if you wanted these for party favors, you could just leave off the gift card!  Easy Peasy...I hope my sister likes it!  Thanks for looking and check back tomorrow for another fun sketch I have made for Sketch N Scrap!  Hope to see you playing along with us this next week at Sketch N Scrap

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I think the the because I care stamp set is one of my all time favorite stamp set. Thanks for sharing your lovely gifts, someone is a very lucky gal to receive these!

    ReplyDelete