Thursday, September 5, 2013

Card sketch #9

Is anyone else excited about the upcoming holidays besides me?  I love decorating for Halloween, Fall, and Christmas as well as baking, and making cards for these fun holidays.  Every year I say I need to start earlier, so this year I actually did! I decided to use Sketch N Scrap's first card sketch for this month to get started!  Here is the fun sketch by Kelly:

And here is my Halloween card using it:
Supplies Used: Patterned Paper- Stampin Up; cardstock: Stampin up; punches: Paper
Shapers star, Stampin Up Scallop circle and circle punch; Stamp: Stampin Up; Ink: Only
 Orange Stampin Up;  bling: Kaisercrafts; Twine: Doodlebug

This card is going to be for my youngest nephew who lives out of state.  He is not old enough yet for "scary" stuff, so I thought this was super cute and not scary at all.  The inside greeting is an old stamp by CTMH that says "Just a little greeting to wish you happy trick or treating!"....love this sentiment!   But that's not all, I just couldn't resist this sketch, so many possibilities, I think I could have made 10 more cards with it (if I just had more hours in the day) but I did manage to make one more card using the same sketch....here it is:

Supplies Used: Cardstock: Stampin Up; Patterned Paper: Jillibean Soup; ink: Basic Brown
Stampin Up; Stamp: Stampin Up; Sentiment sticker: Jillibean Soup.

This card was made for a friend who has a late summer birthday.  I flipped the sketch for this one as I thought it accommodated the sentiment better.  I didn't use ribbon due to having to mail it and not wanting it to be too bulky.  I really like this sketch flipped, you can't even tell both cards are from the same sketch! So folks, once you use a sketch once, don't be scared to use it again...no one but you will ever know! Another fun fact about this card, it allowed me to use up some scraps from one of my older kits, I most likely can make about 2 -3 more cards from this kit and it will be used up...love using scraps for cards!
I hope you will join us at Sketch N Scrap this month, we have an awesome sponsor this month, The Memory Nest is offering up a $15 gift certificate to one lucky randomly drawn winner!  But you can't win if you don't play so check the details on how to enter to win using one of our FOUR sketches each month! You also won't want to miss what our DT did with this sketch! Check it out HERE!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards Lisa. I love how versatile Kelly's sketch is.

    ReplyDelete