Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Thankful for Good Eats!

Good morning everyone!!!  Are you ready for the big stuff your face day next week?  I'm not, it is in the mid 80's here and it just doesn't seem like the holidays should be right around the corner!!! Today I have the last layout sketch of the month up at Sketch N Scrap.  Here is the sketch:
 
Here is my take- I decided to do a festive Fall layout about food to get me in the spirit of Thanksgiving.
Supplies Used: patterned Paper- Simple Stories, Stampin' Up & Doodlebug Designs Flea Market; Cardstock: Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso & Bermuda Bay; Letter stickers: Thickers (big) & Simple Stories (small); Buttons: Stampin' Up; Punches: Heart-McGill; Scallop Circle & Circle- Stampin' Up; Washi- Stampin' Up; Stickers- Simple Stories
 
I had fun making this layout using 2 pictures I have struggled for some time to scrap.  I just couldn't get the papers to look right with it, but then my BFF gifted me this Doodlebug Design Flea Market collection and I was excited to see the brighter vibrant colors set off my photos perfectly!!!! I was so excited to dig into this line the minute I received it, but I felt a wee bit guilty about not using up some of my 100 patterned paper stash, so I compromised and dug out a background paper from Simple Stories that I think went perfectly with my new papers!!  Crisis avoided lol!  To learn more about my 100 patterned paper challenge go HERE.  I wish I could say I had used up over 1/2 of my stack, I should be at that point to be on track with completing my challenge by January 31st....but alas, I am way behind....maybe I can grant myself an extension?  Hey, politicians do it all the time why not me?!!!  I hope you will join us at Sketch N Scrap this month, we have a fabulous prize package and lots of inspiration on the blog!!!  Can't wait to see what you create!













2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute layout! The papers are perfect for those photos! I'm no where close to where I wanted to be with my 100 patterned paper challenge either. I say we're the boss over it, so we can change the rules if we want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute layout! I love the papers!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete