Sunday, August 6, 2017

Fun with challenges!

My niece was at it again today!  I think we may have created a monster lol! She has decided she loves to participate in all the fun challenge blogs there are out there!  I think she and I agree on one thing, there is not enough hours in the day to create and play!  Here is her first ever scrapbook layout:
She did this entirely on her own, the only thing I helped with was to explain how to use a sketch and how to use the tape runner.  She did have a newbie scrappers mishap when she accidentally applied the tape runner to the wrong side of the paper!  But I know I still do that on occasion!  She is a whiz at cutting paper and measuring before she cuts so I think she makes an awesome scrapbooker!  Given that she is only 9 years old I think she will just get better and better as she practices!  This layout was made using the sketch at Sketch N Scrap for August 1st.  She is also entering into the challenge at Lasting Memories Layout challenge blog for challenge #356: In the House.  The challenge is to make a layout about a in house pet or animal and she is using picture of her and her cat Mack!  I think she did an awesome job with the challenge and sketch don't you?  She is an animal lover so I think this challenge was right up her alley!

Next up is her card she created for her Gram using the sketch at  Clean & Simple Stamping using sketch #27

 Here is her card using the sketch:

Once again very little to no help from me, she did need help with the embossing folder and the punch for the scallop but other then that it was all her ideas and stamping!  I thought she did a spectacular job on stamping the sentiment!  Today we learned how to color an image using markers, she likes that technique as she loves to color!
Katie would like to thank everyone for looking at her projects today!  Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Your niece is a natural papercrafter! She did a fabulous job with the sketches! Her card is really cute - love the embossing and the strawberry - and that layout is adorable! She did a great job with our challenge at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're crafting with your niece! She made fantastic projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is amazing! OMGoodness, I love the papers she chose and those veneers are too cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...such amazing creations for her first time! Love the colour combination and the wood veneer embellies...just Purrfect for our Lasting Memories challenge. Thanks for playing along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute page! Thanks for playing at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete