Friday, July 1, 2022

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash Adventure 2022 ~ July edition!

Happy July!  What happened to June???  Gosh time sure has a way of moving right along doesn't it?  I always love the start of a new month, it's a chance to start fresh AND that means it's time for a new edition of The Great Stash Bash Adventure with Lisa & Lori!! So without further adieu let's get the party started with the July edition of Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash 2022!! 

For those who are new to the challenge here is how it works:
On the 1st of each month we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kits as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month, we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash!
This will be a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash?  We hope you will join us in our quest to bash some stash in 2022. If you accept the challenge to play along - link up on either my blog or Lori's Blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month!

Now for our July Challenge:

I have a plethora of 12 x 12 stickers sheets!!  This is definitely one stash bash item I need to bash!  One thing I have found is that after I use up all the paper from the collection to which the 12 x 12 sticker belongs I usually have MANY stickers left!  So I place these orphan stickers in a drawer so I can easily access them when making cards or my TN spreads...then once I am down to just a few stickers that I know I most likely wont' ever use because they aren't pertinent to my activities i.e. fishing or something like that I then pull them off the sheet, place them on wax paper and include them in a card I am sending to someone that I think might enjoy them OR if that person isn't crafty I will just decorate the envelope of the card I mailing them with those random stickers!  The partial sticker sheets I am using in this month's kits are going to be "destashed" at the end of this month and moved along to new homes! The full sheets I will most likely keep for a bit longer but I need to make more room in my drawer!

Now for this months kits!!!
This month I have created 2 fun kits!
My 1st July kit:
This kit includes papers from the Simple Stories Summer Days collection.  I have decided I have hoarded this collection long enough, it's time to use it!  

The front of my favorite papers and scraps:
My two scrap papers are pretty large and the one is cut apart cards that I think are so fun, hoping to use them up!  These papers are from Echo Park Summer Dreams (cut apart cards) and Echo Park Summer Bliss (a really old collection that is basically now all scraps!)

The back side of the papers & scraps:

My embellishments and stash bash item- 12 x 12 sticker sheets:
The tickets are cut out from some old October Afternoon paper.  My 12 x 12 sticker sheets are from the Simple Stories Summer Farmhouse collection, Echo Park Summer Bliss collection, and the Simple Stories Sumer Days collection.  

My second kit:
These papers and the ephemera pieces are all from the Vicki Boutin Color Study collection.

My favorite side of the papers and scraps:
I just love these papers and bought just the few you see here and have neglected using them because they are so gorgeous, but it's time to make more room for more Vicki Boutin goodness!!  I love EVERY collection she releases!  I am planning to treat myself to some of her newest line called Print Shop if I use up this kit!

The back side of the papers and scraps:
For this kit I plan to make some dividers for a notebook I am making to keep all the things from a new subscription group I joined called Cultivate.  I am excited to use up these papers making some cute dividers and a cover for my notebook!

A close up of my 2 x 12 sticker sheets:
This Vicki Boutin collection does not have a matching 12 x 12 sticker sheet but I was able to pull out a bunch of the ones I currently have including letter stickers (since I'm using this kit for dividers I need letter stickers), that I think will work with these papers.  I think some of them will even coordinate with my first kit as well!  They are from the following collections:  Simple Stories I Am, Echo Park Creative Agenda, Simple Stories Carpe Diem, Echo Park Creative Agenda, Photo Play Paper Wild Honey, Jenni Bowlin (these letter sticker are SUPER old!) and Photo Play Paper Wicker Lane! 

The embellishments that are not 12 x 12 sticker sheets:
The ephemera and cut apart card sheet are from the Vicki Boutin Color Study line. The stickers are from the Vicki Boutin Kaleidoscope collection.

Here are the rules for 2022:
Each month we will create a kit with 10 or more papers (dig into your stash for new or old papers it's up to  you!), 5-7 scrap papers (let's keep those scrap piles under control!), 3-4 embellishments (new or old- you decide), and a stash bash item!  This month's stash bash item is 12 x 12 sticker sheets!!
1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but try to concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic & a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2022
Since this is a just for fun challenge the rules are not set in stone BUT we have them to help you focus on what really matters using your stash!  We also hope you will help spread the word of our fun challenge so others may join in!!  You know you have at least one friend who needs to use her stash!! 

I am super excited to dig into my fun kit this month!! I hope you will join Lori and myself as we endeavor to bash some stash!  Remember if you play along make sure and use the hashtag #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2022.  I can't wait to see your kit!  If you create a kit link up below to share with us all!!  Happy creating!!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment