Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash Adventure ~ March 2023!


Happy March!  2023 is flying by!  Spring time seems to be starting here in Texas, we have had some beautiful days making it hard to stay inside! I hope the weather is beautiful where you are too. A new month means it's time to launch another fun edition of Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash Adventure! So without further adieu let's kick off the February 2023 edition of Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash 2023!!

How our 2023 challenge works:
On the 1st of each month we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kits as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month, we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash!  New in 2023: We will also be placing 10 things in our "bashket" each month.  This "bashket" is progressive meaning at the end of the month we will keep what is in our basket moving into the next month.  Our goal is to use up 10 things or 120 ITEMS from our stash by the end of the year! 
Here is an explanation of how the "bashket" will work:

This challenge is a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash?  We hope you will join us in our quest to bash some stash in 2023. If you accept the challenge to play along - link up on either my blog or Lori's Blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month!

  Now for our "recipe" for March!

This month I have picked 2 "mini" kits.  Here is my first kit:

This kit features primarily papers & embellishments from the Cocoa Vanilla These Days collection.  I have used a lot of the papers from this collection but I forgot I had also purchased the embellishments- who does that?  So when I found them recently I decided I needed to use them for this month's kit! 

The "A" side of the papers:

The "B" sides of the papers:

Now for my second "mini" kit:
I have been trying to use up my hoard of CTMH papers in the past few months and since I have a brand new sweet granddaughter to scrap I decided to make a kit using the papers and embellishments from the CTMH Sweet Girl collection! 

The "A" side of the papers (the colors are very light and don't photograph well):

The "B" side of the papers:

This is a close up of the embellishments from both my kits:
Embellishments are from the CTM Sweet Girl collection (cut apart sheet & 2 sticker sheets in the upper right corner) and the Cocoa Vanilla These Days collection

Close up of my scraps & this months STASH BASH ITEM- ENAMEL DOTS:
As you can see I have an eclectic mix of enamel dots from Teresa Collins (these are really old!), Fancy Pants, Pink Fresh Studios, Carta Bella & Prima.  I have hoarded these Prima crystals for awhile because they are so pretty but it's time to use them up!  My storage bin of enamel dots is overflowing so I need to make a dent in it so I can buy more!  Enamel dots are one of my favorite things to buy (and hoard!)!!!  My scraps are from CTMH & Stampin' Up.

My bashket items for March:
It's just March and already my bashket is full because I have been neglecting it!  This month I kept it a bit more simple so I have a better chance of using up some of these items.  The 2 stickers sheets are from Simple Stories and are all that I have left of this collection. I have also included a pack of ephemera that is almost gone from the Pink Fresh collection Joyful Day collection.  Then I added a Doodle Pop sticker from Doodlebug Designs as I have a full bin of these as well.  The ephemera pieces are I believe from the Maggie Holmes Sweet Story line and have been on my desk for at least a year in a little jar as I pulled them out to use on a project that I never completed (I know gasp!).  So I hope to make a big dent in these 10 items this month otherwise I may have to get a bigger Bashket in April!!! 

Here are the rules for 2023:
Each month we will create a kit with 10 or more papers (dig into your stash for new or old papers it's up to  you!), 5-7 scrap papers (let's keep those scrap piles under control!), 3-4 embellishments (new or old- you decide), and a stash bash item!  This month's stash bash item is enamel dots/bling!!
1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but try to concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic & a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2023
Since this is a just for fun challenge the rules are not set in stone BUT we have them to help you focus on what really matters using your stash!  We also hope you will help spread the word of our fun challenge so others may join in!!  You know you have at least one friend who needs to use her stash!! 

I am super excited to dig into my fun kit this month!! I hope you will join Lori and myself as we endeavor to bash some stash!  Remember if you play along make sure and use the hashtag #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2023.  I can't wait to see your kit!  If you create a kit link up below to share with us all!!  Happy creating!!
LISA


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love your kit, Lisa! Seeing that Cocoa Vanilla collection kinda makes me want to pull out what I have left of mine and use it up! We are both the same with our bashkets being already full! If I don't make a good dent in mine this month I will definitely be upgrading to a bigger basket! I can't wait to see what you create with your kit!

    ReplyDelete