Monday, February 6, 2023

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash 2023 ~ February edition

Happy February! I hope your 2023 is off to a good start!  It's a new month so that means it's time for a new edition of Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash Adventure!  I am so sorry for the delay in posting, life as they say always has a way of throwing us curve balls and this past month I had the BEST EVER curve ball thrown at me, I become a grandmother for the first time!!  Here is a picture of my sweet little granddaughter Violet:
Violet was born 7 weeks early but both Mom & baby are doing well and I am happy to report Violet is now home after spending a few weeks in the NICU.  So as you can I have been a bit busy feeding, bathing and just cuddling my sweet little girl!  

Now it's time to get on with the show as they say!  So without further adieu let's kick off the February 2023 edition of Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash!!

For our 2023 challenge here is how it works:
On the 1st of each month we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kits as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month, we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash!  New in 2023: We will also be placing 10 things in our "bashket" each month.  This "bashket" is progressive meaning at the end of the month we will keep what is in our basket moving into the next month.  Our goal is to use up 10 things or 120 ITEMS from our stash by the end of the year! 
Here is an explanation of how the "bashket" will work:

This will be a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash?  We hope you will join us in our quest to bash some stash in 2023. If you accept the challenge to play along - link up on either my blog or Lori's Blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month!

This month I decided to pick just ONE large kit!  Here are the "A" side of my 10 papers:

This is a mixture of some Doodlebug Designs Lots of Love & My Happy Place papers with one CTMH paper (grid) thrown in! 

Now for the "B" sides of my papers:

A few of these papers are a bit busy for me but who knows I may end of using some of them! 
Now for my scraps:

These scraps are mix of Doodlebug Designs, Simple Stories and CTMH.  I love this color palette!

Now for my embellishments:
I added in some Pebbles Baby Girl ephemera I had left over as well as some enamel hearts from Illustrated Faith, Ephemera and stickers from Doodlebug Designs My Happy Place and some super fun Red Thicker Alphas! 

Now for my stash bash item stickers:
These fun stickers are an eclectic collection!  The bottom stickers I bought at Hobby Lobby last year on 90% off clearance and the other sticker sheets are from Echo Park! 

Now for my bashket items:
I'm hoping to make a few Valentine's Day cards and thought these stickers would be perfect!  All the sticker sheets are left overs from collections I have very few papers left.  The bottom sticker sheet by Crate Paper Wonder is SUPER old and I got it at Tuesday Morning many moons ago!  I am down to my last few wood veneer hearts and hope to use them up this year!  The fun ephemera from Pebbles will be make some cute layouts or cards and the enamel hearts from Pink Paislee will be a great addition to add sparkle to my cards or layouts!

Here are the rules for 2023:
Each month we will create a kit with 10 or more papers (dig into your stash for new or old papers it's up to  you!), 5-7 scrap papers (let's keep those scrap piles under control!), 3-4 embellishments (new or old- you decide), and a stash bash item!  This month's stash bash item is wood veneers!!
1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but try to concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic & a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2023
Since this is a just for fun challenge the rules are not set in stone BUT we have them to help you focus on what really matters using your stash!  We also hope you will help spread the word of our fun challenge so others may join in!!  You know you have at least one friend who needs to use her stash!! 

I am super excited to dig into my fun kit this month!! I hope you will join Lori and myself as we endeavor to bash some stash!  Remember if you play along make sure and use the hashtag #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2023.  I can't wait to see your kit!  If you create a kit link up below to share with us all!!  Happy creating!!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment