Saturday, May 4, 2013

Happy NSD!

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!  I hope everyone got some creative time today! Did you participate in any challenges?  There are so many to pick from and many are going on into tomorrow or the next week, so there is still time to join in!  I was able to catch up on some fun things for our upcoming Birthday Bash over at Sketch N Scrap....can't share quite yet, but let's just say you won't want to miss this..so make sure & follow us at Sketch N Scrap or tune in on May 7th as we kick off our birthday bash! Since I can't share anything I made today I thought I would share a layout I did last weekend. 
Supplies Used: Patterned Paper: Pebblies Seen & Noted, Basic Grey Hey Boy, Scenic Route; stickers:
Echo Park About a Boy & Pebbles Senn & noted; journal card- Echo Park About a Boy;  Flair:
 A flair for Buttons; wood veneer shapes- Studio Calico;  letter stickers- Basic Grey; punch: Stampin Up

I actually completed this layout as part of a one hour fast scrap challenge over at My Scraps & More last weekend.  I must admit, that I did alter the layout after the fact just a touch...I couldn't find the letter stickers that are on the layout now during the hour challenge & just slapped on the nearest brown letters I could find which were HUGE & didn't look right on my layout...so I removed them & added the smaller Basic Grey ones when I finall found them (in a kit bag 1/2 hour later).  Then I added the stars and the two stickers banners on the right...but I did glue EVERYTHING down, journal and conceive of the layout in ONE HOUR!!!!  That is not easy for a slow scrapper like me!  I finally got this fun picture of my son & nephew scrapped...I have had it on my desk for almost 3 years now..but until these fun bright papers came along I really couldn't find anything I liked to use with it....more on these papers later...hint...hint...you will be seeing more of them in the coming week (s).  Overall I am very pleased with how it turned out!
Now on to more scrappy news!  We are having a design team call at Sketch N Scrap , if you are looking to be part of a fun team creating 2 layouts a month, then please apply, no experience is necessary!  You can find out more about the call HERE.  Plus there is an awesome prize up for grab this month, The ScrapRoom is sponsoring us and offering a $25 gift certificate!  If you haven't checked out their kits, you need to!  Plus as an added bonus to our readers they are offering a FREE layout kit with your first kit shipment when you join their kit club!  Just enter Sketchnscrap at checkout to get your FREE layout kit!  I must say I LOVE FREE...especially free scrappy stuff :o)  Happy NSD everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment