Monday, August 1, 2022

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash Adventure ~ August 2022 edition!!

Happy August!  My oh my, where did July go??? Time continues to fly but it's a new month with a chance to start fresh AND that means it's time for a new edition of The Great Stash Bash Adventure with Lisa & Lori!! So without further adieu let's get the party started with the August edition of Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash 2022!! 

For those who are new to the challenge here is how it works:
On the 1st of each month we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kits as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month, we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash!
This will be a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash?  We hope you will join us in our quest to bash some stash in 2022. If you accept the challenge to play along - link up on either my blog or Lori's Blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month!

Now for our August Challenge:

Once again this is a stash bash item I have MORE than a lifetime supply of!! In fact, the 2 storage boxes I have for my Project Life cards are full and I am determined to sort through them and either use some of them up or purge some so that I don't have to buy another storage box!  So this challenge came at the perfect time! 

This month I am going to be working from just one large kit!!!
Here is my August kit:
Here are my 10 papers.  I chose just 10 in hopes of using them up!  These papers are from the following lines: Elle's Studio Sunny Days (woodgrain), Echo Park Endless Summer (yellow pineapple), Bella Blvd Oh My Stars (orange stars), Echo Park Birthday Wishes (pink), Bella Blvd Time to Travel (teal small white dot), Echo Park Summer Bliss (orange chevron) and the rest of the papers are from the Pebbles Fun in the Sun collection.  

These are the back sides of the papers that are my least favorites.  This kit contains papers that are very old, so I am hoping to finally be able to use them up!

Now for my scraps:
As you can see I included a large number of scraps this time! These scraps are from various CTMH collections, Elle's Studio and from Cocoa Vanilla's Sun kissed collection.

Now for my stash bash item- Project Life cards:
These cards are from various manufacturers including Elle's Studio, American Crafts, and The Reset Girl.  The larger cut apart sheet is from Elle's Studio Sunny Days collection and the smaller cut apart sheet is from Cocoa Vanilla Sun Kissed collection.

Now for my embellishments:
I am hoping to scrap a lot of my Summer photos, so I picked an ephemera pack from Cocoa Vanilla's Sun Kissed collection as well as a set of floral ephemera from the Cocoa Vanilla Sun kissed collection.  The enamel dots are from the Bo Bunny Beautiful Things collection . The puffy hearts are from the Jen Hadfield Live & Let Grow Line.  And finally the stickers are from the Doodlebug Live, Laugh, Happy collection.  These are definitely some fun embellishments, don't you think??!!!

Here are the rules for 2022:
Each month we will create a kit with 10 or more papers (dig into your stash for new or old papers it's up to  you!), 5-7 scrap papers (let's keep those scrap piles under control!), 3-4 embellishments (new or old- you decide), and a stash bash item!  This month's stash bash item is Project Life cards!!
1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but try to concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic & a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2022
Since this is a just for fun challenge the rules are not set in stone BUT we have them to help you focus on what really matters using your stash!  We also hope you will help spread the word of our fun challenge so others may join in!!  You know you have at least one friend who needs to use her stash!! 
I didn't do so well on using my stash last month, however, I plan to finish up a few projects I started with last month's kit but never completed in the next week or so and will then share an update on what I was able to bash with last month's kit!! 

I am super excited to dig into my fun kit this month!! I hope you will join Lori and myself as we endeavor to bash some stash!  Remember if you play along make sure and use the hashtag #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2022.  I can't wait to see your kit!  If you create a kit link up below to share with us all!!  Happy creating!!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. What a fun - summery - kit you have put together! I kick myself for not getting the Cocoa Vanilla Sunkissed collection...but, I have plenty of other summer collections - I just need to let it go! I was really tempted to pull out some of my Elle's Studio cards/kits but figured I had plenty in my kit already for the month! I can't wait to see what you create with your kit.

    ReplyDelete