Thursday, September 1, 2022

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash Adventure 2022 ~ September edition!

Happy September!  My oh my, another month has past me by!!  Once again, I did not do well with using up my kit, I just didn't take enough Summer pictures to scrap like I thought I would!  However, it's a new month with a chance to start fresh AND that means it's time for a new edition of The Great Stash Bash Adventure with Lisa & Lori!! So without further adieu let's get the party started with the September edition of Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash 2022!!

For those who are new to the challenge here is how it works:
On the 1st of each month we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kits as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month, we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash!
This will be a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash?  We hope you will join us in our quest to bash some stash in 2022. If you accept the challenge to play along - link up on either my blog or Lori's Blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month!

Now for our September Challenge:

For this month's stash bash item I didn't have a whole lot to chose from for a change!  I had purged many of my brads and most of my eyelets because I never used them!  I did keep some and so this challenge is the catalyst I needed to get me to actually use those I had been hoarding!! 

This month I am going to be working 2 kits!!!
Here is my 1st September kit:
Papers: Pinkfresh Studio Noteworthy, Heidi Swapp Color Fresh and Hip Kit Club Pretty Sweet; stickers: PinkFresh Studios Everyday Musings and Heidi Swapp; brads: unknown source (I have had these forever!)
My plan for these papers and embellishments is to create dividers for my new prayer ministry team 3 ring binder I am creating!  I am trying to get organized as I can never seem to find my notes that I take for planning our prayer events and our notes from our meetings!  I am hoping a pretty new binder will keep me more organized!

Close up of my favorite sides of the papers:

Close up of the "B" sides:

Now for my second September kit:
These papers are from Simple Stories Cozy Days (yellow plaid), Bo Bunny Beautiful Things (gold tickets, green grid and blue grid), CTMH Boutique (pink medallion & scraps-word), Hip Kit Pretty Sweet (purple scrap & pink ombre), CTMH Sweet Girl (gray) and CTMH Grateful Heart (gold leaf).
Here is the "A" side of the papers and the ones I like the most. I plan on using these fun papers to create a gratitude journal and maybe some fun Fall cards this month!!

Now for a close up of the "B" sides:
When I look at these patterns, they really don't look to good together, sometimes I feel like the "B" side of the paper doesn't really go with the "A" side and these papers are great examples of that lol!  I do think some of them will look good mixed with the "A" side though!  It will be fun to see what sides I end up using more!

Close up of my embellishments and stash bash brads:
Cut apart cards- Bo Bunny Beautiful things, brads Simple Stories I am & Vintage Great Escape; ephemera PinkFresh Studios Fall Splendor and stickers: PinkFresh Studios Fall Splendor.

I am excited to include these cut apart cards in my embellishments for this kit, I think they are super cute!  I am not sure if these brads will go well or not, some do and some don't but I have had them for so long I decided to try and make at least a few work this month with my kit as I no longer have any of the papers that match these brads!


Here are the rules for 2022:
Each month we will create a kit with 10 or more papers (dig into your stash for new or old papers it's up to  you!), 5-7 scrap papers (let's keep those scrap piles under control!), 3-4 embellishments (new or old- you decide), and a stash bash item!  This month's stash bash item is Project Life cards!!
1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but try to concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic & a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2022
Since this is a just for fun challenge the rules are not set in stone BUT we have them to help you focus on what really matters using your stash!  We also hope you will help spread the word of our fun challenge so others may join in!!  You know you have at least one friend who needs to use her stash!! 
I didn't do so well on using my stash last month, however, I plan to finish up a few projects I started with last month's kit but never completed in the next week or so and will then share an update on what I was able to bash with last month's kit!! 

I am super excited to dig into my fun kit this month!! I hope you will join Lori and myself as we endeavor to bash some stash!  Remember if you play along make sure and use the hashtag #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2022.  I can't wait to see your kit!  If you create a kit link up below to share with us all!!  Happy creating!!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments: