Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Another homemade Invitation


Today is use your stash Tuesday and although I don't have a scrapbook page to show you, I did use a lot of my older stash on this birthday invitation to my son's eleventh birthday party. I used some of my hoarded Stampin' Up paper as well as my discontinued, very old star eyelets. I was SOO into eyelets a few years back and have tons I need to use up! I also used my neglected star punches which I love but don't use much. The "its a party" was cut on my Cricut, which I am trying to use more and more and my goal is to use it for my use your stash Tuesdays. I won't allow myself to buy anymore cartridges until I have used the ones I have on a regular basis...need to prove to myself it is worth the price to buy new ones. Does anyone else have a Cricut? What are your favorite cartridges, drop me a comment, I would love to know which ones you recommend, because if I keep using it more I plan on buying myself a new one for my birthday in a few weeks. I couldn't come up with a design for this invitation, and as I was in a rush, so busy as we all are this time of year, I decided to use the same layout as my previous invite to my scrapbooking party. Try that sometime, its simple and makes you feel creative if you just cannot come up with something and need to in a pinch. You can look at my post for November 23rd and see how different they look by changing out the papers etc. Tune in tomorrow for Git 'R Done Wednesday, I'll have a scrapbook page completed out of my drawer again, and last count I will have just 8 more to go! YEA! Maybe I'll reward myself with some more scrapbook goodies! HA! One last thing...hop on over to Valerie's GOT SKETCH blog, http://gotsketch.blogspot.com/, she is having a FREE sketch class starting tomorrow December 3rd. YOU WILL NOT WANT to miss this! Believe me, her work and her sketches are AWESOME. So sign up, it is only a week long and if you don't have time to complete everything you can still download all the materials and do the assignments after the holidays. Now, that's a WAY better deal then anything you bought on Black Friday!

1 comment: