Thursday, May 27, 2010

Felt, Fabric or Tulle challenge


Today's challenge at Practical Scrappers is to use Felt, Fabric or Tulle on your layout. I decided to dig deep in my old stash and pulled out these Fancy Pants felt embellies that I just had to have like 2 years ago but hardly even used!(shame on me!) The word "you", the flower and the scallop border are all felt. One reason I never like to use felt is I have trouble adhering it...but no more! I found a great way to quickly and easily adhere your felt accents but using Zip Dry Glue. I won this glue while at CKC St Louis, and it is awesome, much thicker then most glues and it dries VERY fast! But remember if you try it, just a dab will do ya! This picture is from 2008 when I took my nephew on a snake hunting excursion to the local Nature Center in Fort Worth. He loves to hunt for snakes, but we didn't see any that day, just possums, turtles, a deer and few praire dogs! The papers on this layout are from my May add on kit from Personalscrapper featuring My Mind's eye's So Sophie papers. Letter stickers are thicker and Jenni Bowlin. Well, gotta get to bed, hope you will join us this week at Practical Scrappers, dig into that stash and use some of your felt, fabric or tulle and dont' forget to post your layout/card for us to see here!

4 comments:

  1. I have some Fancy Pants felt too that I had to have and have never used!! LOL Remember the Rough & Tough I think it was called... need to get some zipdry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten a little behind on my blog reading, but have caught up now. I am loving ALL of your recent layouts. Go Lisa! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wedding is coming up, I got some great ideas from your post~!

    ReplyDelete