Monday, February 2, 2009

More Artic Chill

Well, I did get something done last night besides watching the Steeler and Cardinals battle it out. WOW! What a game huh? It was so exciting, and even though I was rooting for the Cardinals, I must say the Steelers did a great job. I love games that are well played, exciting and where when you leave the room for a few minutes and come back the score is like totally turned around for the other team! In fact, I originally photographed my layout and started to upload it when I noticed that it had NO TITLE!! I guess I am not too skilled at watching football and scrapbooking at the same time, especially with a nailbiter like this game was, as I kept running into the living room to see what everyone was yelling about. But I was pleased with how this page turned out. Once again, I used Artic Chill by Fancy Pants from the Personalscrapper January kit. This layout is based on sketch #4 from the 52 sketches 52 weeks site. I love this sketch and will use it often I am sure. I used a quote from the Grinch stole Christmas for my journaling: " The Grinch with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling how could it be so? It came without ribbons, it came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. He puzzled and puzzled til his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more" Dr. Seuss. I love this story, and thought it was a great quote to use on this page. I also love the colors pink, eggplant and sky blue....so girly great for a Christmas girls page, not your usual Christmas colors! I didn't get my layout done in time for the 52 sites prize drawing, as I didn't read the fine print...it has to be uploaded by 11:59 PM EST and I am in CST...so I was a like 5 minutes past the deadline, but oh, well, I love the sketch anyway and was glad to use it. Go check out their sketch for #5, I am really liking the circle, and have my layout planned out for it, and HOPE to start much earlier then Sunday so I can get in on their awesome prize package for this week! If you make a layout for sketch #5 leave me a comment with your link so I can check it out! OOH..I haven't forgotten about the blog candy...I will be back tomorrow with the winner. I have to wait til my son gets home from school to draw the winner...thanks for playing ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment