Thursday, July 30, 2009

A sketch obsession


Should I call it an addiction? If so it is a healthy addiction at least, but I guess it is really more of an obsession....I am talking about my love of sketches! It seems like everytime I sit down to scrapbook I reach for a sketch to help me along the way. I especially love the 52 sketches 52 weeks sketch site, check it out here. It is so inspiring to at least do ONE layout a week based on one of their sketches, many times I use the same sketch over and over, and startling enough the pages are different each time. This week's sketch over at 52 sketches is #30 (can you believe the year is now over half gone!) I love the way it incorporates so much layering (more than I have done here actually) as well as mulitple photos. These photos are of my nephew, isn't he a great acrobat? He was showing off his moves one June day when we visited him and I snapped these pics of him "just hangin' out!" For this layout I used Fancy Pants Summer Soiree from my July Personalscrapper kit as well as a strip of Cosmo Cricket Snorkel! I also used this layout to fulfill another challenge on the Peronsalscrapper site which was to journal on patterned paper, what a fun look, but one I don't do very much! I know I will use this sketch again and again so keep an eye out, I have another idea for this sketch I hope to work on this weekend! See you back here tomorrow for Friday's Featured Blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment