Tuesday, April 30, 2019

National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day @ Paperhouse Productions!!

Happy National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day!!  Today I am up on the Paperhouse Productions blog sharing my Journey book spread to celebrate National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day!  We all love our fur babies and using our Journey Book inserts is a great way to to document the fun, happy, and silly times with your sweet pet or pets! Today I am sharing the story of how I met the neighborhood cat in the small town neighborhood my brother lives in.  Here is my spread created in my Color washed Journey book insert:
Supplies Used: Color washed Journey Book insert; Patterned Paper: Explore Your World Tags Paper;  Washi: Blush Washi Tape Set; Stickers: Best friends Sculpted stickers; Cats Illustrated 2″ stickers; Cat Faces Puffy Stickers & Cat Faces To Go stickers; card stock: CTMH- from my stash; die- hello: Lawn Fawn; letter stickers: Elle's Studio, stamp: date- Elle's Studio; ink: CTMH black archival.

Here is what the outside of the insert looks like ( this one is the multi-colored one)
I used one of the cut apart cards from the Explore your World Tags paper to make a pocket to hold my journaling. I did my journaling on 2 tags and used my computer to do the journaling as this story was a bit long as it covered 3 years! I stamped directly on the cut apart card so the date was front and center to remind me of the first time I met Buddy! Here is a close up of the journaling tags


The journaling chronicles how I first met Buddy the cat back in the Fall of 2016. While on my yearly visit to my brother’s home and while on a walk with my little nephew we saw a cat sunning on the front porch of a home. I found out the next day from the home owner of the home where he was sunning himself that he was actually the neighborhood cat. He was super friendly and instead of taking him to the shelter all the neighbors in this small community care for Buddy so all his needs are met! For the past 3 years I have visited my brother every Fall & my nephew and I always walk in the neighborhood and go visit Buddy. If we don’t see him we call for him by name and he will come running to us! This past Spring when I heard of severe flooding in my brother’s town I immediately became worried for not only the townspeople but Buddy! I was so glad to learn after the flooding was over Buddy was safe and sound and his neighborhood family as usual was giving him the best care and watching out for him!
I love the puffy stickers at Paper House Productions!  These stickers give so much texture without all the bulk of the thicker 3D stickers.  Here is a close up of the Best Friends Sculpted Words stickers and the Cat faces puffy stickers:


I would love to hear more about your pets or see how you have documented your pet memories!! Feel free to share with me in the comments below!  For more great ideas on how to use your Paper House products make sure and check out all the inspiring ideas on the Paper House blog!  Happy creating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment