Monday, April 15, 2019

Paper House Productions Star Gazer Collection!

Good morning!  I am super excite to share my first DT product with you for Paper House Productions! Today I am using the absolutely gorgeous Stargazer collection!  Here is my project:
Supplies Used: all by Paper House Productions: Color washed Journey notebook insert; Stargazer Night Sky & Galaxy Foil Paper; Stargazer Shine Bright & Dream Big cardstock Stickers; Stargazer washi tape set; Celestial & Stargazer Faux enamel stickers.
I just loved the TN's called Journey Books from Paper House! They have so many beautiful covers and inserts it is hard to choose just one!! I am using the Be Positive Journey book insert for this project from the Color Washed collection. Here is what it looks like on the outside:
Aren't these colors divine???  You can purchase yours here.
I had 3 photos I wanted to use on this layout. I am making this Journey book as a gift for my friend's daughter's middle school graduation coming up. I thought it would be a fun memento of her middle school years! For this book, I am actually not doing a chronological book, just a collection of memories for her from the past 3 years....so it will not be my usual chronological style scrapbook but I think she will still love it! I picked these pictures because my friend, her daughter, her daughter's friend and myself participated in a 5K walk last month and the girls' shirts perfectly matched the Stargazer collection! I loved all of the Stargazer stickers so much I wanted to use the second page as just a fun mix of stickers and my title so I ended up making a fold out flap to "hide" and "house" my other 2 photos. Here is a close up of this:


I took a 6.25 inch x 2.5 inch piece of Stargazer Galaxy Foil paper and folded it in half so that I could mount two pictures inside and one picture on the front. I added some of the narrow Stargazer washi tape to the inside edges to jazz it up and then added a faux enamel sticker to the top right corner of the third picture. I used one of the faux enamel stickers from the Stargazer collection as my little "handle" so I can open and close the flap. I backed that sticker where it was still showing with white cardstock so it wouldn't be sticky and stick to my project! Here is a close up of my "handle":
I hope you were inspired by my project!  Stay tuned for more Journey Book projects as I continue to fill this book up with memories for sweet Miss Ellie!!  And don't forget to visit the Paper House blog to check out all the amazing and inspiring projects using the Stargazer collection this week!  Happy creating! 

6 comments:

  1. This spread is gorgeous, Lisa, and I know your friends daughter is going to cherish this gift! Love the flap for the extra photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new additional DT adventure! The featured products are terrific and the layout is very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL! And I always thought I wouldn't like TNs w/ dotted BGs but you make it look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen! I am loving my new TN and the dotted background!

      Delete