Wednesday, December 2, 2020

December 1st sketch @ Sketch N Scrap

Happy December!!  I can't believe it's a new month already!  The holidays are just around the corner, are you ready??  I am in a Christmas mood so I decided to make a Christmas layout using the December 1st sketch at Sketch N Scrap as well as the December Flavors of the month kit at The ScrapRoom!  Here is the fun kit I am working with this month:

Here is the Fancy Pants Wishmas collection I am using on today's layout:

The December 1st sketch by Heather Hall that my layout is based on:

My layout created with this fun kit and sketch:
Supplies: Cardstock: green- from the kit; Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants Wishmas- from the kit; ephemera: Fancy Pants Wishmas- from the kit; letter stickers: American Crafts Thickers- from my stash; enamel dots: from the kit

For some reason when I saw this sketch I immediately thought of Christmas ornaments!!  So I decided to try and make them using hand cut circles (I traced 2 plates) and some of the ephemera from the kit!  Of course the bow was perfect, but I was struggling to handcut the other bow when I realized if I turned the scarf included in my kit upside down it worked for the top of the ornament!! I love how this layout turned out, it's not my usual style and so I had a lot of fun playing around with this sketch and kit!!  Don't forget to hop on over to the Sketch N Scrap blog and The ScrapRoom blog to see what other amazing layouts the DT's have created with this kit and this sketch!!  Happy creating!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment