Saturday, May 1, 2021

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash 2021 ~ May edition!

Happy May!!  Gosh, it really seems like time is flying by at warp speed, I can't believe it's May already!!!  Today is also National Scrapbooking Day as well, so Happy NSD!!  If you are like me you are always looking to use up some stash so let's get this party started & kick off our May edition of the Lisa & Lori Great Stash Bash Challenge!

For those who are new to the challenge here is how it works:
On the 1st of each month we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kits as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month, we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash!
This will be a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash? You never know - if we still have a few unused stash items after a few months, then those items may just go into a giveaway. We hope you will join us in our quest to bash some stash in 2021. If you accept the challenge to play along - link up on either my blog or Lori's Blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month!

Now for our May challenge:

Here are the rules for 2021:
This month we will create a kit with 10 papers (dig into your stash for new or old papers it's up to  you!), 5-7 scrap papers (let's keep those scrap piles under control!), 3-4 embellishments (new or old- you decide), and some Project Life cards!!!
1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2021
Since this is a just for fun challenge the rules are not set in stone BUT we have them to help you focus on what really matters using your stash!  We also hope you will help spread the word of our fun challenge so others may join in!!  You know you have at least one friend who needs to use her stash!! 
Here is my kit using this month's prompts:
This month I am using papers from primarily one collection: Simple Stories So Happy Together!  The embellishments are mainly from the same line as well.  I definitely won't have trouble matching things this go round!  I really loved this line, so much so that I bought it twice!  I got some of these papers/embellies in a monthly kit from The ScrapRoom & the other papers/embellies I got on a deal site called Peachy Cheap!  

Here is a close up of all the papers:
The one paper not from the Simple Stories So Happy Together line is the multi- colored polka dot paper which is from the Simple Stories Posh line.

Here is a close up of the scraps I chose:
All the scraps are from the Simple Stories So Happy Together line.

A close up of my embellishments:
Here I have chipboard, ephemera pieces and a 12 x 12 sticker sheet from the Simple Stories So Happy Together line but I have also included a few pieces of Jillibean Soup ephemera and a 12 x 12 sticker sheet from the PhotoPlay Paper Heart & Home line. I thought the colors from the Heart & Home line mesh well with my papers! 

A close up of the Project Life cards:
I have SOOO many Project Life cards so this was a hard choice to narrow it down but I am excited to use up a lot of Project Life cards this month!  I also have included one paper from the Simple Stories So Happy Together line that is cut apart cards that I can use as Project Life cards as well! 

I am super excited to dig into my fun kit this month!! I hope you will join Lori and myself as we endeavor to bash some stash!  Remember if you play along make sure and use the #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2021.  I can't wait to see your kit!  If you create a kit link up below to share with us all!!  Happy creating!!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. I love your kit, Lisa! I bought that collection twice, too. I just love the colors/patterns in it! I still have what I pulled out for a past kit still kitted up and need to put it to use! I also love the variety of PL/cut apart cards that you included. I can't wait to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete