Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Did you vote?






I hope everyone voted today (or early) and made your voice heard. No matter who you voted for we are seeing history in the making right in our lifetime, exciting isn't it...you will probably tell your grandkids about it someday. Also, its good to take your kids with you to vote, so that they will have a respect for the process and become part of it proudly when they are old enough.


Now back onto scrapbooking....I don't have my usual Use your stash Tuesday project as we had a busy day today and I didn't get my page completed, but I should be able to share it with you tomorrow...but today I stumbled upon this:




Please read Stacy's post on how scrapbooking really does matter. It was an eye opener for me and I PROMISED I won't ever think about how bad my handwriting looks, or put off journaling til later. Because later may never come. So ladies, don't worry if your photo is "perfect" or your handwriting is "not very good" or if this paper "isn't the newest and best" ...JUST capture your feelings, that special moment and get it in YOUR SCRAPBOOKS NOW, not someday, not later, NOW. If you don't have time to scrapbook all 200 photos of Christmas 2007, then do a few and JOURNAL what you remember and what was SPECIAL about it now, before you forget, so your family will have those special memories of you and know how you felt about them and about life. I was so touched by this story and how this young man tore off the signature of his mother's check to keep, see handwriting is part of who you are, it is unique to you. OK...enough of my soapbox, I just hope you will be inspired by this young man as I was. So why not take time today to document this historical moment, your feelings, your hopes for your children's futures and what this day has meant to you. We are blessed to live in this great country . God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment