Saturday, August 22, 2020

Cookin' Up Creations ~ Name That Tune!

I'm back with another fun challenge for you today!  Today I am hosting the Game Show Challenge of the Day at Cookin' Up Creations!! For the month of August we are basing all the challenges on various game shows!! Today I have selected the game show: "Name That Tune".  Did you know Name That Tune started way back in 1952?  It was a long running show that last aired in 1985 Wow!!  I used to love watching this show when I was younger, but I must admit I rarely could "Name That Tune"!!!  For my challenge you must create a layout that uses a song title as your layout title!! Easy peasy!! The hardest part was selecting which song I wanted to use!!   Here is my layout I created for this challenge:
Supplies Used: Patterned Paper: CTMH Craft On (background); Bella Blvd Island Escape (Pink raindrops); PhotoPlay Paper Let's Stay Home (Yellow stripe); Echo Park I Love Spring (pink flower & yellow/white stripe- banner); CTMH I Heart Us (purple & pink striped strip at top), Echo Park It's Your Birthday (Pink banner strip); Cardstock: Bo Bunny Swiss Dot; stickers: Echo Park Teen Spirit Girl; clouds: Bella Blvd- fussy cut from paper

When I was going through my stickers on one of my stash reorganization gigs I noticed that the quote was "Girls Can Change the World" which was funny since it is a song my niece loves!!  When we get crafty together we always play music and she loves to share her favorite songs with me, many of them I'm not to excited to listen to as I don't care for them, but this one has a catchy tune and the lyrics I found were positive and uplifting!  Here is my favorite verse from the song:
"I think it's time that
We turn some things around
We gotta stop trying
To tear each other down
If we shine
If we share the love we found
Girls can change the world"
Girls Can Change the World by PureNG
When deciding on my layout for this challenge I had a two fold goal in mind: to use up a kit I had made from scraps of older The ScrapRoom kits and to make a fun layout for my Name That Tune challenge using this sticker "Girls Can Change the World" which was the song I selected!  I decided I wanted to use a lot of fun girl stickers on my layout so I chose a grid style layout so I could do so!  I love how it turned out, the fun word strips and the unicorn are so fun and girly and then I also included a treble clef by my title to represent the song title!!  I hope you will find time to play along with us at Cookin' Up Creations this month.  Make sure and hop on over to the forum to see what songs people are using for their titles!  I can't wait to see what you come up with!!  Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment