Friday, August 21, 2020

Kill a kit ~ August edition!!!

Happy Friday!!  Today I am sharing my newest challenge I am hosting over at The ScrapRoom Facebook Group!  I have been on the DT at The ScrapRoom since 2017 and have as a result accumulated a lot of kits!  I have enjoyed each and every one of them! They are filled with the latest and greatest scrappy supplies!  Each month I end up with a few left overs and usually I just put them in a drawer and move on to the next kit...BUT....now my drawer is FULL!!! Yikes!  So I decided to host a challenge each month at The ScrapRoom to encourage other ladies in the same position as myself to "kill" a kit each month!!  So here is my kit I am going to "kill" in August:
 Kits included in this kit: July 2020 PhotoPlay Just Stay Home; August 2019 Echo Park Teen Spirit Girl; February 2002 Echo Park It's Your Birthday; March 2020 Echo Park I Love Spring; October 2019 Amy Tangerine Slice of Life; and May 2019 American Crafts Sparkle City!!

Here are the projects I have created so far using this kit:
 Layout created using the August Kill a Kit- from details see my post HERE

 Cards using the August Kill A Kit

This card was created using the August 5th sketch at Sketch N Scrap:
 Supplies Used: Cardstock: Whisper White- Stampin' Up; Patterned Paper: Echo Park It's Your Birthday; journal card: American Crafts She's Magic; sticker: Echo Park Teen Spirit Girl; stamps: CTMH Birthday Time; Ink: Stampin' Up Strawberry Slush

 Supplies Used: Cardstock: Stampin' Up Whisper White; Patterned Paper: PhotoPlay Just Stay Home & Echo Park I love Spring (flowers); sticker (bike): Echo Park Teen Spirit Girl; stamp: CTMH Life is a A Journey; ink: Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise

 Supplies Used: Carstock: Stampin' Up Whisper White; Patterned Paper: Echo Park Teen Spirit Girl & PhotoPlay Let's Stay Home; Ink: Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise; stamp: CTMH BIrthday Greetings; sticker (cupcake): Echo Park Teen Spirit Girl

Supplies Used: cardstock: Stampin' Up Whisper White; Patterned Paper: PhotoPlay Let's Stay Home (yellow stripe), My Mind's Eye (blue circle) & Echo Park I love Spring (flowers); sticker (telephone): Echo Park Teen Spirit Girl, ink: Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise; stamp: CTMH Random Acts of Cardness; die: Stampin' Up stitched circle

I have not even used up all the kit yet, it is really yielding a lot of projects! I think I can get another layout and a few more cards out of what I have left so stay tuned to see the end of the kit by the end of this month!!  This just goes to show how well all The ScrapRoom kits combine together even those that are a year or more apart!!  I love the bright color palette of these cards/layout and I was also able to ink up a few stamps I had never used!  I think this is going to be a great challenge to keep the scrap pile under control!  I am already thinking of what kits I can use for next month!  Make sure and join us in The ScrapRoom Facebook Group to play along and to see what the other gals did with their kits!  Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment