Saturday, August 1, 2020

Lisa and Lori's Great Stash Bash 2020 ~ August edition

Happy August!!  Wow, July just flew by for me, how about for you?  Today starts a new month which means we are launching a new edition of Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash 2020!  So let's get this party started with our August edition of Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash 2020 challenge!!  

For those who are new to the challenge here is how it works:
On the 1st of each month we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kits as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month, we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash!
This will be a just-for-fun challenge so no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash? You never know - if we still have a few unused stash items after a few months, then those items may just go into a giveaway. We hope you will join us in our quest to bash some stash in 2020. If you accept the challenge to play along - link up on either my blog or Lori's Blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month!

Now for our August challenge:

Here are the rules:
This month we will create a kit with 10 papers (seven papers 3 years or older & three newer papers), 5-7 scrap papers, 4 embellishments (three that are 3 years or older & one newer one), and some wood veneers!!!

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2020
Since this is a just for fun challenge the rules are not set in stone BUT we have them to help you focus on what really matters using your stash!  We also hope you will help spread the word of our fun challenge so others may join in!!  You know you have at least one friend who needs to use her stash!! 
Here is my kit using the August prompts:
 This month I am trying to have a "plan" for my kit ahead of time to ensure I will use as much of it as possible!!  This month I plan to scrap some wedding and baby pictures for a friend's album and I think this kit will be perfect for those pictures!!

Some close ups:
My older papers- this month I have 8:
 These papers are from the Pink Paislee Cedar Park line (3); Stampin' Up Designer Paper Pad (olive words); Crate Paper Static (gold scrolls);Crate  Paper North Pole collection (yellow); Crate Paper Chasing Dreams (blue dot).  As you can see this is a great mix of manufacturers!  There is even a Christmas Paper thrown in!! The yellow paper from the Crate Paper North Pole Collection is meant to be a Christmas paper but I thought the subtle pattern was generic enough to use on non-Christmas layouts!! 

My newer papers- this month I have 4:
These papers are from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Flourish and Sweet Story collectionsI was lucky enough to be gifted some of the Sweet Story collection back in May & decided it is time to use it up!!

My scraps- chose 7 this month: 
 These papers are from the Pink Paislee Cedar Park line (3) & are actually a few left over 6 x 6 papers I had from that line; Fancy Pants A Cherry on Top (stripe); Echo Park About A Boy (woodgrain) and the blue scroll and pink lined paper I have NO idea what line they are from as the branding strips are gone!

My embellishments & wood veneers:

The 3 older embellishments I chose for this month are: Simple Stories I Am chipboard, Crate Paper Wonderful Thickers, and Maggie Holmes Flourish ephemera (in the little plastic box).  The newer embellishments are both from the Maggie Holmes Sweet Story collection and are an ephemera pack & butterflies!! So pretty!  My wood veneers are some words from CTMH, misc hearts and word strips from Elle's Studio Live, Laugh, Love line & a fox from an unknown source (I don't even remember where I got it!! Yikes!)

I am super excited to dig into my fun kit this month!! I hope you will join myself and Lori as we endeavor to bash some stash this month!  Remember if you play along make sure and use the #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2020.  I can't wait to see your kit!  Happy creating!!  

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty kit this month, Lisa! I do so much better with actually usng my kit when I have a plan it! I think that has been my problem the last couple of months - I pick papers I think are pretty but don't really have any ideas for them. I have got to get back to finding photos before I pick my papers for my kits! Looking forward to seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete