Monday, April 13, 2020

April Flavors of the month kit

Happy Monday!! Today it's my turn to host another fun challenge in the monthly Facebook group for Sketch N Scrap!  For my challenge I am using the April Flavors of the month kit at The ScrapRoom and an oldie but goodie sketch from Sketch N Scrap!  This sketch was from August of 2018!  The challenge is to create a layout based on this sketch with the added fun OPTIONAL TWIST to use a SPRING color palette on your layout!  Here is the sketch created by yours truly:

Here is the Fancy Pants A Cherry On Top collection I used from the April Flavors of the Month kit:

Here is the layout I created from the kit using the sketch:
  Supplies Used: Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants A Cherry on Top- from the kit; ephemera: Fancy Pants A Cherry on Top- from the kit; chipboard: Fancy Pants A Cherry On Top- from the embellishment kit; journal card- unknown source- from my stash; enamel dots: Fancy Pants A Cherry on Top- from the kit; date stamp: Heidi Swapp- from my stash; ink: Memento Tuxedo Black- from my stash
I LOVED this color palette! It's so soft and looks amazing with your ice cream pics, however the "B" sides are very neutral, so you could really use these papers with any type of pictures! I loved the paper I used for my background because it has the ink splats are already printed on the paper!! How easy is that?  Plus it gives that fun mixed media look without all the mess!  These are pictures of my niece and nephew way back when in 2014 eating ice cream after a fun hot day at the zoo!  I couldn't believe when I found this journal card in my stash, it totally matches the ink splats/color palette of this collection...what a great find! I hope you will join in our monthly Facebook challenges this month, you have until the end of April to play along!  Happy creating friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment