Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash 2020 ~ April Edition

Happy April!!  No foolin' it's another month and that means time to pick another fun kit to bash!! With all that is going on right now I think we can all use a break from the news cycle and spend some much needed "therapy" time getting creative!  So let's get the party started!

 For those who are new to the challenge here is how it works:
On the 1st of each month we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created following that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kits as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month, we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash!
This will be a just-for-fun challenge so no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash? You never know - if we still have a few unused stash items after a few months, then those items may just go into a giveaway. We hope you will join us in our quest to bash some stash in 2020. If you accept the challenge to play along - link up on either my blog or Lori's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month!
Now for our April challenge:
This month we will create a kit with 10 papers (seven papers 3 years or older & three newer papers), 5-7 scrap papers, 4 embellishments (three that are 3 years or older & one newer one), and some stamps!!
Since this is a just for fun challenge the rules are not set in stone BUT we have them to help you focus on what really matters using your stash!  We also hope you will help spread the word of our fun challenge so others may join in!!  You know you have at least one friend who needs to use her stash!! 
Here are the rules: 
1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2020
Here is the kit I created using the April prompts:

Here are some close ups:
 These are my older papers.  I used American Crafts Shimelle Little By Little (3), Shimelle Starshine (1), American Crafts Amy Tangerine Plus One (2), Echo Park Splendid Sunshine (1), and Teresa Collins Save the Date (1). I couldn't whittle my kit down any further so I picked 8 instead of 7 older papers!
These are my newer papers they are from the following lines: Pink Paislee Bloom Street (1), Heidi Swapp Storyline (2) and Pink Fresh Be You (1)...as you can see I picked 4 instead of 3 papers.  Sometimes it's easier to just add the extra instead of trying to figure out which one to leave out!!
 My scraps.  Once again I picked more then 7, I picked 8.  They are from the following lines: Jillibean Soup Rainbow Roux, CTMH I Heart Us, CTMH Celebrate Mix In, Bella Blvd Island Escape, and  American Crafts Plus One.  The yellow plaids I am not sure of as they didn't have the strip still on them! 
 
Here is my washi tape.  I picked a variety so it's easier to use.  I have SOOO much washi it really was hard to limit it to just these 15 rolls!!  I hope to use a bunch of this during April!
And last but not least my embellishments:
I used ephemera from Fancy Pants Happy Place, epoxy hearts from The Hip Kit Club, puffy stickers from Elle's Studio Noteworthy line, American Crafts Thickers, and word strips from Pretty Little Studio!  
I hope you will be inspired to dig through your stash this month and play along with myself and Lori as we endeavor to bash some stash in 2020!!  I have been a bit lazy on posting recaps as I had intended to do.  I am going to try and do a recap of my March kit in the next few days so stay tuned... then moving forward I will try and do one each month! If you chose to play along make sure and link up below, we'd love to see what you have put together for a kit & what you create with it!  Happy creating friends!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. I love the bright colors in your kit! Such a fun mix of papers and good luck using up some washi! I'm hoping with having a few rolls of it on my desk that I will remember to actually add it to my projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fun one. Your kit has lots of potential. I decided to play along for the first time, linked up over at Lori's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa: The watermelon red and teal green papers are really popping for me against the others. You've put together a terrific color combo for your April GSB! And I love those woodland critters...too adorable! Have a lot of creative scrapping fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From my bash kit, I used the new large green tonal floral paper for the background of this card: https://beccasheartland.blogspot.com/2020/05/anything-goes-theme-241-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. From my April bash kit, I used two other papers and some die-cut accents for these 2 small flat base cards: https://beccasheartland.blogspot.com/2020/05/recipe-formula-to-follow-challenge-at.html

    ReplyDelete