Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Fun sketch challenge!

Good evening!  I think everyone knows how much I love a good sketch challenge!  I recently joined some of my cyber friends over at the Cherry on Top message board where they have a bunch of challenges every month, I figure I needed to make good use of my extra time this next few weeks!  I saw that they have a weekly sketch challenge using a Becky Fleck sketch, so I decided to give it a whirl!
Here is the sketch:

Here is my layout using the sketch AND my Great Stash Bash kit:
Supplies Used: Cardstock: CTMH White & Black; Patterned Paper: Amy Tangerine Plus One(grey); CTMH I Heart Us (green), Bella Blvd Island Escape (pink banner) & Shimelle Little by Little (raindrops); frame: unknown source; ephemera: Fancy Pants Happy Place & PinkFresh Studios My Favorite Story; sticker: sun- Echo Park; letter stickers: Making Memories; Metal Word: Making Memories; word strip: washi sticker Jillibean Soup
Can you believe how much older stash and how many different manufacturers I have used on this layout?  I didn't realize it until I went to make the supply list!  I have been really concentrating on using my Great Stash Bash kit this month...I have done awesome using up 2 full papers and 2 of my scraps.  I also have used up at least 1/2 piece of 2 other papers.  I hope to use up the entire kit by the end of the month, so stay tuned for a recap then!  I already had these pictures of my nephew printed out and on my desk for a long while now waiting on the right layout.  I was going to use other pictures but then realized I could adapt the sketch to these pictures that where already printed.  I fussy cut the bear out of a cut apart card from one of the Shimelle Little By Little papers...the whole reason I bought this paper was that darn bear!  I only have 3 papers from this line, so I think that is why I have not used them in the past few years!  Doesn't he look so cute peeking out of that frame?  I just love the way this turned out!  I hope you will check out A Cherry on Top's forum to see what the other ladies did with this fun sketch!  And don't forget to check out Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash 2020 challenge as well, we would love to have you join us!  Happy creating and stash bashing friends!

1 comment: