Friday, May 1, 2020

May Great Stash Bash kit!!

Yay!  We made it to May!!  May is an amazing month for me each year and I really look forward to it! Of course there is NSD and it's also the birthday month for Sketch N Scrap which I co-founded 8 years ago!! All those festivities kick off tomorrow at Sketch N Scrap so make sure and follow us on Facebook and the blog!!  Today's it's a new month so that means it's time to launch Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash 2020 kit for May!!
For those who are new to the challenge here is how it works:
On the 1st of each month we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created following that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kits as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month, we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash!
This will be a just-for-fun challenge so no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash? You never know - if we still have a few unused stash items after a few months, then those items may just go into a giveaway. We hope you will join us in our quest to bash some stash in 2020. If you accept the challenge to play along - link up on either my blog or Lori's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month!
Now for our May challenge:
This month we will create a kit with 10 papers (seven papers 3 years or older & three newer papers), 5-7 scrap papers, 4 embellishments (three that are 3 years or older & one newer one), and some FLOWERS!!
Since this is a just for fun challenge the rules are not set in stone BUT we have them to help you focus on what really matters using your stash!  We also hope you will help spread the word of our fun challenge so others may join in!!  You know you have at least one friend who needs to use her stash!! 
Here are the rules: 
1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2020
Here is the kit I created using the May prompts:

I am loving these colors this month, I'm in a bright colored mood with a splash of grey/black!
Here is a close up of the older papers:
These papers are from the following collections: Elle's Studio Live, Laugh, Love (4), Bella Blvd Family Dynamix (2) and Bella Blvd Sweet, Sweet Spring (purple). I only had this one Sweet Sweet Spring Paper and was glad to see it coordinates well with the Elle's Studio papers!  
Here are my newer papers: 
These papers are from Simple Stories Oh Happy Day line (yellow), Pebbles Chasing Adventures (red), and Dear Lizzy She's Magic (pink). 
Here are the scraps I picked...as you can see one I spilled water on, so not sure the end is able to be salvaged!
None of my scraps had branding strips on them, so I am not sure what lines they are from!  I think the yellow is from Bo Bunny and the reds are from My Mind's Eye, Scenic Route (wow! So old) & Echo Park
Here are my embellishments:

The new embellishment is Pink Pasilee Horizons Thickers, flowers are from Basic Grey (another oldie but goodie) and the older 3 embellishments are from Elle's Studio!! I love all these fun embellishments and hope to use a lot of them this month!! 
I hope you will be inspired to dig through your stash this month and play along with myself and Lori as we endeavor to bash some stash in 2020!!  If you chose to play along make sure and link up below, we'd love to see what you have put together for a kit & what you create with it!  Happy creating friends!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. I love your bright - happy kit that you have put together! I think I need you to come over and put a few kits together for me! I have a few of these same papers and a lot that are similar...maybe I just need to make myself a kit based off of yours each month! I always love what you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike, Lisa and Lori! We've had lots of rainy or overcast days, so the bright cheerful colors in your kit, Lisa, are perking me up, too! It will be fun to see how you use all of this compiled 'stuff' from your stash throughout the month! Don't forget to post...edit it in, please!

    ReplyDelete