Monday, December 17, 2012

Sketch N Scrap 23

Howdy friends! Can you believe I am back to post the SECOND sketch for December already?  Seems like it was just yesterday I posted our December 1st sketch! Time really does fly when you are having fun huh?  We have had awesome weather here this past week and have been able to really enjoy some fun outdoor activities!  I hope your December is going as well too.  Here is the December 15th sketch for Sketch N Scrap:
And here is my take on it:

Supplies Used: Patterned Papers: Bo Bunny; circles: Jillibean Soup Grandma's Lima Bean Soup punch outs;  wood accents (people):
Studio Calico;  Letter Stickers: American Crafts Remarks (ivory), Basic Grey (brown little letters) and October Afternoon (brown)

I was able to use up some older stash (Bo Bunny papers & alphas) while using some of my newer embellies that I was dying to play with (wood people and Jillibean Soup punch outs).  Don't you love to mix new and old supplies?  It used to be so hard for me to mix manufacturers but I feel more at ease with it as of late, which is good...stressing over your pages is never fun!   I also entered this layout into the Personalscrapper week 20 challenge which was a challenge to document why you scrapbook.  I journaled about why I scrapbook on this page and hid some of it under my picture.  In light of the recent tragedy in CT it seems even more important then ever to me to document all my memories, whether just mundane everyday moments we sometimes take for granted or the more "exciting celebrations".  I know many of you are with me on leaving a legacy for our loved ones showing how much we loved each other, sharing traditions and how they got started as well as documenting the "boring" everyday moments that really in the long run we hold so dear when we lose a loved one.  My heart goes out to those who lost a loved one in this tragedy, how horrible and I just can't imagine, but it does put things into perspective for us for sure.  Have a blessed week and hug those you love extra tight today!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Lisa. My heart also goes out to each parent who lost a child in this tragic and senseless act of violence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you mixed the old and new! This is one of my FAVES of yours!! Fabulous layout!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout!!!Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful, happy LO!! Love the "white" space! ~ I hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas!! Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete