Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just another Sketchy Sunday



This is sketch I created for our monthly challenge over at the Personalscrapper forum. It is so fun to see all the wonderful creations using the same sketch and yet all the layouts look so different! For my layout I used Pink Paislee Cupid papers from the February 2009 Personalscrapper kit. I also wanted to use this layout for one of our 52 week challenges, where we are given a different challenge each week to help us create 52 layouts for the year and this one was a BORDER challenge. So I used my Stampin' Up border punch to create the borders along the my vertical paper strip and then I used my decorative scissors (blast from the past) to create a border around my handcut heart...it was like being back in first grade cutting out hearts and using fancy scissors! This layout tells the story of a special gift my son made for me back in 2003....he somehow had a heart eraser he had written on the front of it "I love Mom" and then on the back he wrote "verry much"...such a treasured gift, I just had to take a picture of it and then scrap the story so even if the eraser gets lost (although I keep it right on my desk and see it everyday) I will still have the memory on paper! I hope you will be inspired by the sketch and find time to create a special page about someone you love, and if you do make sure and link up in the comments section so we can all see your lovely work!

1 comment: