Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mr Sandman



WOW! This summer is flying by! I can't believe the kids will be back to school in less then a month....where did the time go? I am ready for cooler weather, and I am also ready for some FOOTBALL!! But I love the lazy days of summer to, just wish they could be lazy and 80 degrees not 100+! LOL! I have been trying to keep up with our 52 week challenges over at Personalscrapper this summer so I don't end up being terribly far behind by the end of the year...and so I can meet my goal of 100 layouts for 2011. This is week 29 and this week's challenge was brought to us by Kim who gave us the challenge to do a layout with the theme "roughing it, dirty or outdoorsy". Since I don't "rough it" and my son rarely gets dirty (unless its an accident) I had to scrap a pic of my oldest nephew- who LOVES to be dirty. He has an inner radar for a pile of sand, puddle of water or mud puddle! If there is dirty nearby he will find it! This picture is from 2009 when we went to NRH20 and he dove right into the sand after getting out of the pool! I used sketch #229 by Trisha at Sketch Inspiration and the July 2011 Personalscrapper kit featuring Fancy Pants' Beach Bum line, which by the way is AWESOME! I was pleased to use one of my stamps (circle with dots) on this layout, it is an old foam stamp by Lisa Bearnson...and these I must admit are much neglected, so it was nice to use it. I'm off to get back to work on another one of the 52 week challenges (I'm eleven weeks behind YIKES! and trying to play catch up today while I have a bit of time so I can be right on top of week 30's challenge when it is posted tomorrow!) Have a wonderful week friends!

2 comments:

  1. Great layout, Lisa! With my two boys, I never had trouble finding "messy/dirty" shots. I swear my little one is Pigpen from Peanuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout Lisa...I am also way behind with the challenges...I just printed out the PDF document Erica put together for us.

    ReplyDelete