Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fall is Near!

Can you believe it is already September?  Here the kids have been back at school now for a week, it is still very hot here, so it really doesn't feel like fall is near, but we did go to our first high school football game of the year and have been watching NFL pre-season games, which are all indicators that Fall is fast approaching.  We have a lot of fun things planned for this Fall at Sketch N Scrap and I was delighted to release another sketch today over at Sketch N Scrap and hope that with the kids back in school you might have time to join in the fun and play along with us this month!  Here is September's first sketch:

And here is my take on the sketch:

Supplies Used:  Cardstock: Basic Grey & Black by Stampin Up; Patterned Paper- My Mind's Eye; Embellishments-  journaling box, stickers,
 buttons & candy dots My Mind's Eye;  Letter Stickers: Doodlebug (small black) & American Crafts Thickers.

I took the first picture while stopped at a red light on our way home from the mall and the second one after getting home.  My niece took here My Little Ponies to the Mall in her Easter basket and then talked to them the whole way home!  She was singing and talking to them about everything under the sun and also telling them about her new "princess crown" I bought her at Claires!  It was so cute.  So I just had to snap a few pics to remember this night!  So glad it was a long enough stop light and I had my camera handy!   I hope you will visit the Sketch N Scrap blog and see all the GREAT inspiration we have there this month, our sponsor this month is Paper Secrets and they have donated some awesome My Mind's Eyes goodies for our prize this month and their DT was kind enough to inspire us with their creativity based on this sketch, you won't want to miss it!  Not to mention the Sketch N Scrap team and our FIRST EVER Guest Designer Martine!  You will be so inspired you might just create more then one layout with the sketch!  Can't wait to see your creations, so please share by linking them up in the sidebar HERE!

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet page of your niece!! Love the soft colors:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout...and great sketch Lisa.

    ReplyDelete