Monday, June 5, 2017

Card sketch #99~ Hello

Happy Monday!  I was kind of doing that dreading Monday on Sunday thing when I decided to do a little craft therapy and whipped up this card using the awesome new sketch by Heather!  This is definitely one I can see myself using over and over again!  Here is Heather's sketch:
 
 Here is my take on the sketch:

Supplies Used: Patterned Paper: Crate Paper Brook, Fancy Pants Life is Beautiful & Stampin' Up; Cardstock: Stampin' Up (Pool Party & Very Vanilla); Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye; Ink: Stampin' Up Early Espresso; stamp: Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge; Punch: border scallop by Stampin' Up & Die cut label (Hello): unknown
 
I received this cute little label that said "Hello" in a swap this weekend and it was still on my desk, so when I was looking to make a card for this sketch it was perfect for the sketch and inspired the colors of this card!  I then went right to my scraps drawer and found ALL these papers there that coordinated with the brown and yellow label!  In fact I have used up basically ALL of this Crate Paper Brook line!  I may have one very small piece left but that is it!  These were part of my 100 paper challenge that I said I would use in like 6 months but in all reality it will be more like a YEAR!!!  Now in all honesty I am using mostly other papers but I have been able to use some of these poor neglected papers that I have put in a special drawer. I do plan to clean it out this Fall and donate what is left and then go through my paper once again and add another 100 pieces to my drawer!  I really liked these colors and I am sad to see this paper go but it's not like I don't have a bunch more to take it's place!!!  I hope you will find time to play along with us this month at Sketch N Scrap, the DT did an amazing job with this sketch, so make sure and hop on over and check out what they did with the sketch! Happy creating!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute card, Lisa! Good job with pulling from your 100 paper pile! Like you, I generally use other papers first, but I do try to pull from my pile once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Loving the colors!

    ReplyDelete