Monday, October 18, 2021

TN Time with Lisa & Lori ~ October edition

Happy Monday!  I hope your week is off to a good start!  Thanks to Aimeslee who joined our challenge last month!! I hope you will join in again this month!!  I apologize for the delay in posting the October challenge but I was out of town last week and have not fully gotten caught back up.  I flew on Southwest so my plane was delayed and the loss of the extra day really put me behind!!  So without further adieu, let's get this party started!! 

HERE IS HOW OUR CHALLENGE WORKS: This is a monthly challenge that launches on the 10th of each month  You will have until the 9th at midnight CST to link up your entries. If you complete my sketch challenge link your TN, bullet journal or planner spread below. If you combined my challenge with Lori's challenge link up your spread here on my blog AND on Lori's Blog (My Happy Life). For 2021 we are making this challenge a "just for fun" challenge with no prize, but isn't the real prize just documenting your memories and getting more pages done in 2021???!!!! 
Now for my challenge!! Here is this month's sketch:

Now for Lori's October challenge: (October 10-November 9th):

What a fun challenge! I love the look of a tab/label and orange is the perfect Fall color don't you think?  Together we have a winning combination!! 
Here is my layout using the sketch and Lori's challenge:
Supplies Used: Patterned Papers: Simple Stories Vintage Country Harvest, Carta Bella Welcome Autumn (green plaid), & Little Yellow Bicycle (woodgrain); Tabs/labels: October Afternoon; Stickers: Carta Bella Welcome Autumn; enamel dots: Simple Stories Winter Wonderland; date stamp: Heidi Swapp; ink: Memento Black Tuxedo; circle die: Stampin' Up cardstock: Stampin' Up Old Olive (circle) & PL cut apart card: unknown source

I love how this turned out!  This is for my 2020 TN and is documenting our COVID trip to the pumpkin patch.  We had fun even though we did not go to our usual spot which was open but not able to operate at full capacity. 
Some close ups:
This plaid is so pretty and meets the ORANGE part of the challenge!  I love how this sketch gives me enough room to journal, however, I printed my journaling on strips due it being hard to see the writing on the plaid paper.


I have been hoarding this cut apart card & can't even remember where I got it, but I decided it was time to actually use it & stop hoarding it!  I love how it adds to my spread!  The big bold letters were from a 12x12 sticker sheet by Carta Bella.  I don't have much paper, just scraps to match so I was glad to use up a few stickers on this spread!  The woodgrain papers is OLD & is from Little Yellow Bicycle!!!!  WOW!  It was a scrap I had and it fit perfectly!  I just trimmed less than an 1/8 of an inch of each side!!  I have decided I need to start casing my scrap bin more often when I do a TN spread, that might help me use up more of my scraps!  

                          RULES FOR THE CHALLENGE:                              
1.Create a TRAVELER'S NOTEBOOK, PLANNER, OR BULLET JOURNAL spread based on the CHALLENGE THEME and/or our sketch. 
2.Create a new, not previously posted project.
3.You are welcome to combine with other challenges.
4.If you have a blog please include the challenge graphic & a link to our challenge in your post.
5.You can link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you show your project on Instagram, please make sure to use #TNtimewithLisaandLori 
6.You can submit multiple projects but they must be posted to InLinkz or social media separately.
7. Most importantly have FUN!
Be sure to stop by Lori's blog to see her awesome TN spread for this challenge!  I hope you will find time to join in the fun this month!  We can't wait to see what you create!!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. This is such a pretty spread, Lisa! I have thought about just going to my scraps bin when I work on my TN's, too, but the pretty - new papers usually win me over! Of course, then I am just creating more scraps... Maybe I should start a bin of scraps just for the sole purpose of using them in my TN's.

    ReplyDelete