Sunday, January 1, 2023

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash Adventure ~ January 2023!!!

Happy New Year! It's 2023 and time to launch another fun year of Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash Adventure! We have something fun & new in store for you this year regarding our Great Stash Bash Challenge so read on to find out what it is! I did not do well on using my kit in the last month of the year, but that is the great thing about a New Year, it's a chance to start anew, so cheers to a new year and a fresh start!! So without further adieu let's kick off the January 2023 edition of Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash 2023!!

For our 2023 challenge here is how it works:
On the 1st of each month we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kits as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month, we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash!  New in 2023: We will also be placing 10 things in our "bashket" each month.  This "bashket" is progressive meaning at the end of the month we will keep what is in our basket moving into the next month.  Our goal is to use up 10 things or 120 ITEMS from our stash by the end of the year! 
Here is an explanation of how the "bashket" will work:

This will be a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash?  We hope you will join us in our quest to bash some stash in 2023. If you accept the challenge to play along - link up on either my blog or Lori's Blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month!

To start off 2023 I have chosen 2 kits as I have 2 projects in mind for this month:
Kit #1:
My favorite sides of the papers:
These papers are from the Hip Kit Club Dream Big collection and Shimelle's She's Magic collection (journal cards paper).

The "B" sides of my papers:
Why is it that the "B" sides never look like they go together? 

My embellishments & stash bash item (wood veneers):
All my embellishments are from the 2021 Hip Kit Club collection Dream Big!  I'm determined to stop hoarding these fun embellishments! 

My scraps:
These scraps are from Doodlebug Designs (purple) and Hip Kit Club Dream Big collection! 

Kit #2:
My favorite side of the papers:
These papers are all from Crate Paper, the Marigold & Fresh Bouquet collections.  I plan to use them in my One Little Word Journal that I plan to start this month!   

The "B" sides of the papers:
In the case of Crate Paper I always love BOTH sides of the paper making it a hard choice on which side to use! 

My embellishments, scraps & stash bash item (wood veneers):
My Sticker sheets are from Crate Paper Marigold and Fresh Bouquet collections.  My scraps are from Pink Paislee Auburn Lane (woodgrain paper) & Crate Paper Garden Party.  The wood veneers are just random ones I've had on my desk for years that I need to use up! 

Now for my "bashket" items:
Here are my 10 items: (Starting in the upper left corner):
1. Cut apart paper from Crate Paper Flourish collection
2. Cut Apart Paper from the Crate Paper Marigold collection
3. Cut Apart Paper from the Crate Paper Marigold collection
4. Scrap from PinkFresh Studio Let your Heart Decide line that I plan to fussy cut 
5. Crate Paper Garden Party used sticker sheet
6.Ephemera from Kelly Bangs Creative the Office Type collection
7. Ephemera words/florals from The Office Type Collection by Kelly Bangs
8. Ephemera from The Office Type collection by Kelly Bangs
9. Cards/Tabs from The Office Type Collection by Kelly Bnads
10. Remark puffy hearts, ampersands and dots

I have had all of these things on my desk for well over a year waiting to use them, the only recent purchase is Kelly Bangs' The Office Type ephemera set I got at The Little Craft Place last month when I visited to take a class!  I realize this is a lot of things and I am really challenging myself with this progressive challenge!  I hope my "bashket" is not overflowing by February!  Here is a picture of my desk and how I plan to store my "bashket" items: 
I have been using this system for awhile but not really being intentional about using up the stuff!  I will store the stickers and papers in the paper organizer you see in the background.  I got this at Target awhile back, it helps me see stuff I have decided needs to be used up!

The ephemera packs I place in these stackable bins from Target. I remove the plastic from them so it is easier to see what is in the bin.  Once this month is over what is left will go back in the plastic and then into the paper organizer and new stuff can go into these bins!  I hope to use up these things by the end of the year, if not look out for a giveaway this time next year for all these items!  

Here are the rules for 2023:
Each month we will create a kit with 10 or more papers (dig into your stash for new or old papers it's up to  you!), 5-7 scrap papers (let's keep those scrap piles under control!), 3-4 embellishments (new or old- you decide), and a stash bash item!  This month's stash bash item is wood veneers!!
1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but try to concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic & a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2023
Since this is a just for fun challenge the rules are not set in stone BUT we have them to help you focus on what really matters using your stash!  We also hope you will help spread the word of our fun challenge so others may join in!!  You know you have at least one friend who needs to use her stash!! 

I am super excited to dig into my fun kit this month!! I hope you will join Lori and myself as we endeavor to bash some stash!  Remember if you play along make sure and use the hashtag #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2023.  I can't wait to see your kit!  If you create a kit link up below to share with us all!!  Happy creating!!




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. After seeing your bashket items I feel like such a slacker! Your kits are beautiful and I cannot wait to see your beautiful creations! Here's to making 2023 a great stash bash year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy guacamole!!! You've got 2 fabulous kits to use this month! And I'm feeling awed by your bash-ket too! All I can say is "You go, girl!!!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this card was made with scraps from my January kit https://beccasheartland.blogspot.com/2023/02/ouat-february-2023-based-on-my-heart.html

    ReplyDelete