Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentine's Day friends! Just wanted to pop in to share a Valentine's layout I created over the weekend. This layout uses the FAB Personalscrapper February kit featuring Basic Grey's Kissing Booth! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this line! Super fun to work with and the colors are divine! This is one of my all time favorite Personalscrapper kits of all time! If you hurry you may be able to lay your hands on one HERE! This my son and myself last July 4th, notice my pool hair, but hey, in 100 + degree heat who has a good hair day?! lol! I made this layout for the week six, 52 week challenge by Wendy, who challenged us to use a "new" technique. I was stumped for awhile and then decided to try to add some "zing" to my layout by matting my papers in black after seeing THIS blog post and noticing a lot layouts where the artists have done this. I decided this qualified as a technique, and I have to say I really like the result, may try it again soon. The stamped quote is from Technique Tuesday stamp set by Ali Edwards, don't you just LOVE her handwriting? (swoon) The letter stickers are Thickers by American Crafts and the rest is included in the Personalscrapper kit and is from Basic Grey...ooh, I did add some Magic Mesh (remember that from waaaaay back) to give my layout some texture...I had planned on stamping a grid, but it didn't show up well on the dark background and my vanilla ink pad was dry and I didn't have a reinker, so I was able to use up some of my magic mesh, so glad I didn't destash it last year when I was destashing! I hope everyone enjoys their Valentine's Day with those they love, we are real low key here tonight, just some yummy pizza and enoying time watching The Big Bang Theory together! We love Sheldon! Please share your Valentine's layouts/projects in the comments, I'd love to see them!

1 comment: