Friday, January 1, 2016

Sketch N Scrap #96

Happy New Year Crafty friends!  I would like to wish you all a healthy, happy, creative 2016 filled with lots of love, family time and of course, photo ops!!!  I have the first sketch of the New Year to share with you today from the Sketch N Scrap blog!  Here is my sketch:
 
And here is my take on the sketch:

Supplies Used: Patterned Paper: Echo Park, Simple Stories, My Mind's Eye; Tag: My Mind's Eye; Journal
boxes: Jillibean Soup; Punch outs (circles) My Mind's Eye, (quote) Elle's Studio; Letter Stickers: Basic Grey &
American Craft Thickers; Card stock: Bazzill.
 
I had a blast with this layout, pictures were not taken by me but one of the band moms who was a chaperone on the Leader training trip this last Summer.  I am kind of glad I wasn't there, when I saw how high this cliff was I was a bit freaked out, I am terrified of heights!  I would have been to nervous seeing him jump off of it!!!  I am starting early on my resolution for 2016 to use up more of my stash!  These things are all very old in fact, the My Mind's Eye stuff from the Breaking Free collection has to be from 2007 or 2008 at least!  But it looked good with these newer papers and I was able to use the last little bit of the Homespun collection papers from Simple Stories and the Echo Park All about a Boy papers!  I had the same resolution last year and think I did fairly well, but I didn't do as well as I wanted, so I will give it another shot for 2016 and see, so far so good lol!  I love it how I start out all gung ho and strong and then drop off mid year, then I take it back up right before the end of the year trying to redeem myself lol!  I'd love to see what your resolutions are, crafty or otherwise, so please share!  Don't forget we will have 4 sketches to play along with at Sketch N Scrap, you have until January 31st to link up!  I can't wait to see what you create!

5 comments:

  1. I love the colors on this layout! Way to go on using up some stash - it all looks great together! I plan on trying to use up more stash again this year, too, and I can totally relate to starting out gung ho, falling off, and trying to hurry to get more used before the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this sketch and your layout is gorgeous Lisa! Hope to get back into the swing of scrapping so have printed out this sketch in the hope of playing along soon. Happy New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of a very brave kid! I love the woodgrain texture for the background too! I think I will have to go with your resolution and use up some of my stash as well! I like the sound of that! Great job Lisa! I always enjoy your sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is beautiful.
    Thank you for always encouraging me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving this layout of yours! Awesome take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete