Monday, July 13, 2009

The alphabet challenge


I know its pretty pathetic, but I seem to get more done much quicker when I am working on a challenge. Challenge #15 in the Pay it Forward Crop at Personalscrapper was to use at least 3 alphas on your page. I decided to use my new blog candy I just received from one of my most favorite manufacturers Cosmo Cricket, Early Bird. Still can't believe I won that! The whole kit and kaboodle folks, the folks over at Cosmo are SOOOOOO generous, they are alwasy having give aways! I used this photo of my son and my niece taken in the front yard on July 4th. She refused to hold my hand when I told her "Hold hands" cuz she was trying to run off to the park, and she shook her head "NO" vigorously and then said "Cakie" and grabbed Jake's hand (she calls him Cakie) How cute is that? So I quickly snapped this photo, it is so sweet and PERFECT for this Early Bird paper! I also used a Pink Paislee die cut accent, Making Memories puffy and tiny stickers, Adornit tiny stickers AND Jenni Bowlin chalkboard alphabet stickers on this page. The other accents were cut out by hand and the "DONT FORGET" little tab was cut off a journal jotter from My Minds Eye (you can barely see it in the upper left hand of the pic). The other journaling jotter is from the Noteworthy journal book by Making Memories. I also used one of the Page Maps sketches by Becky Fleck for this layout as well. I really LOVE all of the sketches this month and hope to use them all at some time before next month's come out! Before I close, I would like to give a shout out to my personalshopper Janelle! Yes, I have a personal shopper (didn't you know I was famous and too important to be bothered shopping for myself?)...no really, since we don't have an Archiver's here my good long time pal Janelle takes my order and gets my goodies when she stops by Archivers and ships it to me from Kansas City! Now that's a good friend huh? And NO you cannot have her number! HA! Hoping to take a few minutes to create something with my new goodies that arrived today so check back soon!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your layouts! I have to much to do to get into the SIF challenge...after the LOAD I had to concentrate on work again:)

    ReplyDelete