Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash 2020 ~ July Edition

Happy July!!  I can't believe we are in a new month already! The Summer is flying by!! I had so much fun with last month's kit but all good things must come to an end and it's time to launch the July edition of Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash 2020!!  

For those who are new to the challenge here is how it works:
On the 1st of each month we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created following that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kits as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month, we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash!
This will be a just-for-fun challenge so no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash? You never know - if we still have a few unused stash items after a few months, then those items may just go into a giveaway. We hope you will join us in our quest to bash some stash in 2020. If you accept the challenge to play along - link up on either my blog or Lori's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month!

Now for our July challenge:

Here are the rules:
This month we will create a kit with 10 papers (seven papers 3 years or older & three newer papers), 5-7 scrap papers, 4 embellishments (three that are 3 years or older & one newer one), and some Project Life style cards!!
1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2020
Since this is a just for fun challenge the rules are not set in stone BUT we have them to help you focus on what really matters using your stash!  We also hope you will help spread the word of our fun challenge so others may join in!!  You know you have at least one friend who needs to use her stash!! 
Here is my kit using the July prompts:

Some close ups:
My 7 older papers:
These papers are all from Echo Park Splendid Sunshine's collection circa 2014!! The one navy with pink dots piece is from the Crate Paper Oasis line.  I think it's time to use up these papers don't you?

My 4 newer papers:
These papers are from the following lines: Left to right: Dear Lizzy It's all good; PhotoPlay Paper We Are Family, Simple Stories Posh & My Mind's Eye Tutti Fruitti.  I have just one or two papers left from these lines and since they coordinate fairly well with Echo Parks Splendid Sunshine and with each other I have included them in my kit so I can finally "kill" the kits they came in.

My scraps:
I am back to an overflowing scrap bin so I have picked out 9 scraps to use. These are from various manufacturers including PhotoPlay Paper, Echo Park, Fancy Pants, Scenic Route & Bella Blvd...although I can't recall the specific lines as the branding strips have been removed. Hoping to make my scrap bin more manageable this month!! 

My embellishments and Project Life type cards:
I am using 12 x 12 stickers sheets from the Simple Stories Posh and Echo Park Splendid Sunshine lines and ephemera from the Simple Stories Posh line for my 3 older embellishments.  My newer embellishment is ephemera from PhotoPlay's We Are Family line.  My Project Life type cards are from various sources including The Reset Girl, Elle's Studio, and cut apart cards from the Simple Stories Posh line!  I have others in the pile but have no earthly idea where I got them!  I have TOOOOOO many of these type cards and hope to find some fun ways to use them this month!  If you have any ideas let me know!
I am super excited to dig into my fun kit this month!! I hope you will join myself and Lori as we endeavor to bash some stash this month!  A big thank you and shout out to Becca who played along with us last month!!  Remember if you play along make sure and use the #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2020.  I can't wait to see your kit!  Happy creating!!  

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. I think I have all of these papers in my stash and seeing your kit makes me want to stop everything right now and go pull them out to play with, too! Love it! Can't wait to see what you create with your kit!

    ReplyDelete