Saturday, January 9, 2021

Blessed Family Ties

Happy Saturday!  Today I am sharing another layout using the January Flavors of the Month kit at The ScrapRoom.  Here is a reminder of the full kit:

Here is the Simple Stories Vintage Ancestry mini kit I am using for today's layout:

Here is my layout using the Simple Stories Vintage Ancestry collection:
Supplies Used: cardstock: Kraft- from the kit & black- Stampin' Up Basic Black-from my stash; Patterned Paper: Simple Stories Vintage Ancestry- from the kit; ephemera: Simple Stories Vintage Ancestry- from the kit; foam stickers: Simple Stories Vintage Ancestry- from the kit; tag (manila): from my stash- source unknown.

I love how this layout turned out!  These are my great-grandparents on my Dad's Mom's side of the family.  This picture was taken of them in 1934.  It is one of the few pictures I have of them both, my great-grandfather died young well before I was born.  I do remember my great-grandmother as she lived well into her 90's but I was still young when she passed.  It is so great to have these older family photos and even better to have such an amazing collection to document them with!  I have a lot of journaling to do so I am going to place it on the back of the layout.  Make sure and head on over to The ScrapRoom blog to see the great layouts the DT created with this amazing kit!  Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment