Friday, January 1, 2021

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash 2021 Kick off!!

Happy New Year!! 2021 is going to be a great year!!  I love fresh starts and new beginnings don't you???!!!  I am happy to announce that Lori and I will be continuing our Great Stash Bash into 2021!  I learned a few things during this year long challenge last year...mainly that I have TOOO much paper!!  My room is overflowing and while I made a slight dent in my stash last year I realized that this year I have to buckle down and get serious with using my stash and not buy more until I use up A LOT of stash!!  Are you with me?  I know many of you are in the same boat...so let's get the party started with the GREAT STASH BASH OF 2021!!!

For those who are new to the challenge here is how it works:
On the 1st of each month we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kits as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month, we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash!
This will be a just-for-fun challenge so no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash? You never know - if we still have a few unused stash items after a few months, then those items may just go into a giveaway. We hope you will join us in our quest to bash some stash in 2021. If you accept the challenge to play along - link up on either my blog or Lori's Blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month!

Now for our January challenge:

Here are the rules for 2021:
This month we will create a kit with 10 papers (dig into your stash for new or old papers it's up to  you!), 5-7 scrap papers (let's keep those scrap piles under control!), 4 embellishments (new or old- you decide), and some EPHEMERA!!!

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2021
Since this is a just for fun challenge the rules are not set in stone BUT we have them to help you focus on what really matters using your stash!  We also hope you will help spread the word of our fun challenge so others may join in!!  You know you have at least one friend who needs to use her stash!! 
Here is my kit using the January prompts:

10 Patterned Papers:
Since I am determined to use up these papers I stuck to the 10 papers and didn't go over EVEN though it was hard to narrow it down to so few!!  My papers are from the following lines:  Hip Kit Club Keeping Cozy, Heidi Swapp Honey & Spice, Pretty Little Studio Frozen Sky, Simple Stories I Am, and Creative Imaginations.  As you can see I have a mix of old and new papers!  The Creative Imaginations paper (red notebook paper) is probably the oldest paper and I have been hoarding it for toooo long so hoping to use it on a project for sure!!  
7 Scrap Papers:
These are all larger scraps I hope to use, they take up the most room of course in my scrap bin....I did a great job in 2020 keeping the scrap bin under control and so I am trying to keep that going in the New Year!  The green word paper is from CTMH, the black dot is from PhotoPlay Wild Honey, and the plain green paper is from PhotoPlay Cabin Fever.  The others don't have the branding strips on them (I really need to try and keep those on my papers!) so I am not sure what lines/manufacturers they are from! 

5 embellishments:
I did pick 5 embellishments instead of 3-4, mostly because I don't know that alphas really count as embellishments lol!  The alphas, chipboard stickers and puffy words are all from the Hip Kit Club the Keeping Cozy line and the gems are from the Prima the Spring Farmhouse collection.

Stash Bash item: Ephemera:
I am sticking with a Winter theme for January as you can see! I love ephemera and it is probably my most hoarded embellishment in my stash, so this month's stash bash item is a good one for me!!  The ephemera packs I picked are from the Hip Kit Club Keeping Cozy and So Frosty lines! 

I am super excited to dig into my fun kit this month!! I hope you will join Lori and myself as we endeavor to bash some stash this month!  Remember if you play along make sure and use the #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2021.  I can't wait to see your kit!  Happy creating!!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a fun kit to dig into here at the start of a new year! I love the wintery feel to your kit and I look forward to seeing what you create with it!

    ReplyDelete