Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Stash Bashing

For a few years now I have been working on bashing my stash and not buying as much, each year I get more successful and find new ways of organizing my stash to help me use it.  I feel that this year has been my best to date!! I have joined a challenge group on Facebook called Bash your Scrapbook Stash and they are having a Super Bash Bowl challenge  this month that I have been participating in.  Basically every week we are given a challenge that is worth 7 points if you complete all the items for the challenge.  Each item has a point value assigned to it, so you can chose to do all of the challenge items to get the full 7 points or just a few of them but you will get less points.   I have made 2 layouts so far for this challenge, my goal is to do 4 and since the challenge ends Saturday I had better get a move on 😊  Today I thought I would share my first 2 layouts with you.
Layout number one: (challenge items: sketch, die cuts, journaling, twine, patterned paper)
 Supplies Used: Patterned Paper: KI Memories (circle), Crate Paper &Simple Stories; cardstock: CTMH; dies: Lawn Fawn (snowflakes); ephemera: Simple Stories Freezin' Season; stickers: Simple Stories Freezin' Season, letter stickers; American Craft Thickers; journal box: Elle's Studio; enamel dots: My Mind's Eye.

Layout number two: (Challenge items: sketch, washi, phrase, travel, ephemera)
Supplies Used: Patterned Paper: Echo Park & Simple Stories Travel notes; emphemera: Simple Stories Travel Notes; stickers: Simple Stories Travel Notes; enamel dots: My Mind's Eye; Letter Stickers: Cosmo Cricket & American Crafts Thickers
I sure was able to bash a lot of older stash on these 2 layouts, that KI Memories stitched scallop circle paper is at least 12 years OLD!! I loved it then and still really liked it just never knew what to use it for and since the sketch in challenge #1 called for a circle I felt it was a great time to use it!! I also used up the scraps from my June Flavors of the Month kit at The Scraproom.  I am down to very little left from this June line and hope to create 2 more cards to completely finish it off.  I hope to be back this weekend to share the other 2 layouts I plan to create for this challenge so stay tuned!  If you are interested in bashing some stash you may want to check out this fun group, they have some amazing challenges to help you get motivated to use your stash!  Happy creating! 

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, I just had to comment on your "Chilly Daze" layout. I just love it. Love the colors and the snowflakes - no two alike! I have come back twice to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sharon, I had fun creating it!

      Delete