Monday, May 27, 2019

Let Freedom Ring!

Happy Memorial Day! I am working today but I know many of you have a long weekend and I hope you will enjoy some scrappy time today! I am so glad we have set aside a day to stop and remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.  How blessed we all are because of them! A few years ago we visited Washington, D.C. and during our time there we visited Arlington National Cemetery.  This was my second time there and I was so glad to be able to share this visit with my son so he could learn of the history of those hallowed and sacred grounds and see the beauty of this place.  It is awe inspiring for sure!  I thought these pictures from when we visited the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier deserved a layout all to themselves.  The first picture of the cemetery was taken as we walked up to the Tomb of the Unknown and then of course the second was at the actual Tomb. Every Memorial Day since my first visit to Arlington National Cemetery these are the images I have in my mind when I think about Memorial Day.  These amazing men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for me and those who stand watch at the Tomb of the Unknown night and day no matter what the weather!  Wow, so amazing!  Here is my layout:
 Supplies Used: Paper House Productions- Let Freedom Ring Paper Pad ; wood veneer stars:Studio Calico; gold enamel dot: Paper Studio

 I knew when I saw the Let Freedom Ring paper pad it would be perfect for documenting that special memory of our time at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  The papers in this pad were a perfect back drop for my photos, and I love that it also includes a 12 x 12 sheet of stickers for embellishing your pages. I used one of the cut apart papers to cut out this 4 x 6 flag to use as a backdrop for the larger sticker of the USA map. I then added my title directly on the map sticker placing it to the left of my photos to add balance. I tore the blue map paper to give the layout some texture and used these torn pieces as borders around my pictures. Here is a close up:
 I then added my title under my pictures and embellished with a star sticker from the paper pad as well as some wood veneer stars. I finished off the bottom of the layout with two banners cut from one of the cut apart cards included in the paper pad. The pops of gold on some of the papers and the cut apart accents are divine and give your pages an elegant sparkle as shown here on the cut apart border I added over the torn map paper. Here is a close up:
This layout is based on Sketch #177 at Sketch N Scrap by Heather Hall.  Here is the sketch the layout is based on:
This is another layout completed for my Bingo card!  Marking off the bottom right square for the May 15th sketch! The 7th Birthday Bash Bingo game is still going on over at the Sketch N Scrap private group until May 31st so make sure and check out all the fun challenges and inspiration!!  Join me in working towards a bingo- just 2 more squares to go in 2 different places to get a BINGO!! 
I hope you have the opportunity to visit Arlington National Cemetery at some time and get to see the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier as it is truly a memorable experience. Enjoy your holiday and stop and join me in a moment of silence and reflection at 3 pm CST today as we remember those who sacrificed for our Freedom! Let Freedom Ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment