Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Use your stash Tuesday

It's use your stash Tuesday again today. The title of today's layout is "Climb til your dreams come true". This is a title of a poem I just love and it goes as follows: Often your tasks will be many and more then you think you can do. Often the road will be rugged and the hills insurmountable to. But always remember that the hills ahead are never as steep as they seem and with faith in your heart start upwords and climb until you reach your dream. For nothing in life that's worthy is to hard to achieve, if you have the courage to try it and you have the faith to believe. For faith is a force that's greater then knowledge, power, and skill. Many defeats turn to truimph if you trust in God's wisdom and will. For faith is a mover of mountains. There is nothing that God cannot do. So start out today with faith in your hear and climb til your dreams come true." Poem by Bjorn Brands. This is one of my all time favorite pictures of my son. He was on his first grade field trip to the Fort Worth Nature Center and I was walking behind the kids on our hike when I snapped this picture. Love the greenery and this old rock staircase! The paper for this layout is by My Minds Eye and was found in my May 2007 Personalscrapper kit. I made this layout for the Slice contest challenge at Personalscrapper "an oldie but a goodie", the challenge being to use up some older stash. The alphabet letters for the subtitle are by Basic Grey and came from an old QVC kit I got when I first started scrapping. But the thing I am most proud of using from my stash are those old Making Memories washers in the middle of my flowers. Do you remember the metal craze about 5 yrs ago? Well, I just had to have all these metal things, and then I never used any of them. So I decided to do so tonight. I must say that the only things that aren't really old on my layout are the Pink Paislee punch out (the tree in the lower right corner) and the letters by Making Memories for the word climb, although I did buy these things last summer, so they are almost a whole year old. The best thing about this page is that NO NEW supplies were purchased to make this page!!!! YEAH! So go dig into your stash right now and find something to old to use on the next layout you make!

No comments:

Post a Comment