Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy Spring!

Happy Spring everyone! I am back from a week of Spring break. We didn't go anywhere but since my son was out of school we did do some extra fun things each day enjoying the spring weather, which has been beautiful here. We are finishing up the week of fun with a sleepover, my son had his 2 best friends over the spend the night last night and so I was able to get a wee bit of scrapping done...that is when I wasn't watching some great basketball games on TV. Did anyone see that Sienna/Ohio State game? Awesome basketball...and the OSU/Tennessee game was just as good...really we love the Big 12 teams and all six made it to the second round of the Big Dance, so we are really happy here at our house. However, we just enjoy college basketball and its fun to just watch all the great games that have been on the last few days. This layout represents my first challenge completed for the Personalscrapper Slice of Life contest. There is a HUGE contest going on over at Personalscrapper and the Grand Prize is a SLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great prize huh? Now, I am not sure that I will win of course as it is a random drawing, but the challenges (there are 50) ROCK! I am so excited to work on them and actually get some really neat pages done. This challenge was number 40 (I'm not a chronological person I guess) and is for the all cardstock challenge, you could not use cardstock on your page at all...WOW..now that was a challenge for me, and I really like my results, although I was so so tempted to use some patterned paper on my little house, but instead I used my cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss my roof and it gives the illusion of a pattern, thus giving it the visual appeal we all love with patterned paper. And for those of you who know me, yes I used a circle, previous circle challenges have gotten me liking circles again, see what a good challenge does to you?! LOL! So if you would like to play along to win a Slice or some other great prizes, then come join us over at http://www.personalscrapper.com You have until April 15th to join the site to be eligible to play and the contest runs until April 28th. I cannot recommend this group enough, the kits are great, the message board is very active and the prizes and challenges are awesome and bountiful! Hope to see you there!

3 comments:

  1. Great layout Lisa! The big circle just ties it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved that layout! Good luck with all the challenges! Enjoy the games. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout...a circle always completes a layout.

    ReplyDelete